Water and Fuels System Plumber
***OCONUS - Kuwait***Must be a U.S. Citizen***
The Water and Fuels System Plumber will be maintaining and repairing buildings, grounds, and related facilities; installing, repairing, rebuilding, and maintaining in efficient operating condition a wide variety of engines and mechanical equipment designed for use in domestics, commercial, industrial, and agricultural activities.
RMS will be performing Base Operation Support (BOS-1) to the United States Armed Forces in Kuwait, as part of the AFCAP V Contract
Essential Job Functions for Water and Fuels System Plumber:
- Assembles, installs, and repairs pipes, fittings and fixtures of heating, water, and drainage systems, according to specifications and plumbing codes.
- Studies building plans and working drawings to determine work aids required, and sequence of installations.
- Inspects structure to ascertain obstructions to be avoided to prevent weakening of structure resulting from installation of pipe and locates and marks position of pipe and pipe connections and passage holes for pipes in walls and floors.
- Cuts openings in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings, using hand tools and power tools, cuts and threads pipe, using pipe cutters, cutting torch, and pipe-threading machine, bends pipe to required angle by use of pipe-bending machine, or by placing pipe over block and bending it by hand.
- Assembles and installs valves, pipefittings, and pipes composed of metals, such as iron, steel, brass and lead, and nonmetals, such as glass, vitrified clay, and plastic.
- Joins pipe by use of screws, bolts, fittings, solder, plastic solvent, and caulks joints, fills pipe system with water or air and reads pressure gauges to determine whether system is leaking.
- Installs and repairs plumbing fixtures, such as sinks, commodes, bathtubs, water heaters, hot water tanks, garbage disposal units, dishwashers, and water softeners.
- Repairs and maintains plumbing by replacing washers in leaky faucets, mending burst pipes, and opening clogged drains, and may weld holding fixtures to steel structural members
Education and Experience: (or equivalent)
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of a Certified Apprenticeship Program
- 6 to 8 years of related plumbing experience
- Certification in assigned area may be required
- Consideration will be given to relevant professional experience commensurate with assignment
- Able to lift up to fifty (50) pounds
Additional Requirements for Water and Fuels System Plumber:
- Must possess a valid U.S. Driver’s License
- Possess a valid U.S. Passport (preferred)
- Must be able to meet all current USCENTCOM Deployment Policy Requirements, including vaccination for COVID-19 as outlined in Paragraph 1.A. of the USCENTCOM JAN 22 MOD SIXTEEN TO USCENTCOM INDIVIDUAL AND INDIVIDUAL-UNIT DEPLOYMENT POLICY
- Able to obtain and maintain a valid Residency Visa for Kuwait
- Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
- Must be able to endure long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Must be a Master or Journeyman Certified Plumber (Master preferred)
- Valid Driver’s License and be able to operate a vehicle with a manual transmission.
- Must have a Valid US Passport.
TRAVEL: 100%, in deployed location.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must have and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance.
Readiness Management Support, L.C.
Readiness Management Support, L.C. (RMS) is a leading provider of global-scale logistics, facilities management, and advanced professional and technical services. RMS provides a broad spectrum of services and solutions to U.S. and international government agencies, and organizations. A world-class leader in providing seasoned program management, RMS leverages and integrates its capabilities to provide safe, innovative, and reliable solutions to meet customers' diverse and complex challenges. RMS is a wholly owned subsidiary of IAP Worldwide Services, Inc.
RMS is an EOE, including disability/vets.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.