Catering Assistant - Qatar
MUST BE A US CITIZEN ***OCONUS*** QATAR
As the Event & Catering Coordinator you will work with the Catering Manager to support base wide DV meal requests with catering services required. You will support with event planning, set-up/tear down, serving of food, replenishment of supplies, bussing/clearing of tables and tear down functions at facilities, lounges and other locations as specified by the Government. Work closely with the Protocol office, FSV, and/or COR to ensure the highest quality of service, regardless of the location of the event. Meet minimum service ware standards established and agreed to by the Catering Manager and the government based on event type and location.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Receives authority from and reports directly to the Catering Manager and is responsible for high-quality food operations including delivery, preparation and serving
- Available during all scheduled Distinguished Visitors (DV) support and manage Special Meals Program.
- Required to work closely with the Catering Manager to ensure the highest quality of service, regardless of the location of the event.
- Responsible for set-up and tear-down of events
- Familiar with Tri-Service Food Code and or other applicable regulations for Air Force food service operations.
- catering food service processes and procedures.
- Oversees arrival or food stuff at each event location
- Preparing and storing food safely before and during events
- Setting up all tables and food service areas with chairs, linens and dishes
- Serving food to guests at events
- Cleaning up and tearing down the dining area by removing all tableware, linens, garbage and furniture
- Tests cooked food by taste and smell for maximum palatability and flavor conformity
- Assist with other facilities or departments as needed to ensure mission success
- Meet and Escort OCN’s from Front Gate to work assignment area at the beginning of shift
- Escort OCN’s from work assignment area to Front Gate at the end of shift
- Assist with other Escort duties as needed
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Requires a minimum of one (1) year employment in similar food service operations with comparable management and catering responsibilities.
- Experience in OCONUS environments, is particularly desirable
- Professional experience in Middle East highly desirable (or any other Islamic nation)
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Must possess a SERVSAFE certification or obtain the certification prior to beginning employment
- US Driver’s License
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Familiar with, Tri-Service Food Code and or other applicable regulations for Air Force food service operations
- Knowledge of dietary restrictions and the ability to come up with menu suggestions accordingly
- Understanding of safe food handling policies and procedures
- Excellent communication skills for conversing with clients, guests, and employees
- Must possess a valid U.S. Driver’s License
- Possess a valid U.S. Passport (preferred)
- Must be able to meet all current USCENTCOM Deployment Policy Requirements, as outlined in the USCENTCOM APR 23 MOD SEVENTEEN TO USCENTCOM INDIVIDUAL AND INDIVIDUAL-UNIT DEPLOYMENT POLICY
- Able to obtain and maintain a valid Residency Visa for Qatar
- Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
- Must be able to endure long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
TRAVEL: 100% in a deployed location
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Public Trust/NACI
IAP - Ingenuity and Purpose
As a leading international services company for more than 65 years, IAP Worldwide Services, Inc. (IAP) provides a broad spectrum of services and solutions to U.S. and international government agencies, and organizations. IAP is a world-class leader in providing Program Management, IT & Communications, Aviation & Engineering Solutions, Power Solutions, and Infrastructure & Logistics to provide safe, innovative, and reliable solutions to meet customers' diverse and complex challenges.
IAP is an EOE, including disability/vets.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.