Candidate must be a United States Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret Security Clearance
As the Civil Structural Engineer, you will provide engineering services in support of the design, construction, operation, and lifecycle maintenance and contribute to major facility improvements, renovations. Provide support and civil/structural knowledge for facilities planning, programming, design, construction, and equipment installation for required Project facilities and infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform all aspects of engineering analysis and design for projects from concept stages through final design and construction management including knowledge of applicable codes and industry standards.
- Designing projects through development of scopes and estimates, reviewing quotes and recommending equipment and materials, and facilitating design reviews with operations and maintenance personnel
- Coordinating activities to deliver projects as defined in the scope of work, including design, Structural, construction/installation, commissioning, startup, and documentation activities
- Managing contractor work effort to support a project schedule
- Utilizing economic thinking when evaluating alternatives, equipment, vendors, and contractors
- Properly size the equipment according to the facility's needs within the prescribed budget to include new construction, renovations, or repairs to existing facilities.
- Participate in all facets of lifecycle management and advise leadership on all aspects of facility management and the mitigation of adverse environmental impact.
- Assists senior management in developing and validating project scope and fee, budget and scope of services during the marketing and contract development process
- Assists in planning and conducting work making minor adaptations and modifications to complete construction document drawing sets.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, or equivalent experience related to job duties and functions
- Four(4) or more years of civil/structural and design engineering work experience on a U.S. Government/ Military installation
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Professional Engineer (PE) is desirable
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Advanced knowledge of architectural building systems.
- Advanced knowledge of building codes and ability to research and apply/incorporate into technical documents.
- Advanced CAD drafting skills.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD 2012 or later, and use AutoCAD to create presentable and accurate facility and infrastructure plans for concept and statement of work requirements for project execution.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in graphic design software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Ensure design accomplishes both business and technical requirements.
TRAVEL: as needed for the role
SECURITY CLEARANCE: SECRET security clearance
Readiness Management Support, L.C.
Readiness Management Support, L.C. (RMS) is a leading provider of global-scale logistics, facilities management, and advanced professional and technical services. RMS provides a broad spectrum of services and solutions to U.S. and international government agencies, and organizations. A world-class leader in providing seasoned program management, RMS leverages and integrates its capabilities to provide safe, innovative, and reliable solutions to meet customers' diverse and complex challenges. RMS is a wholly owned subsidiary of IAP Worldwide Services, Inc.
RMS/IAP is an EOE, including disability/vets.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.