Fire Protection Engineer
As the Fire Protection Engineer, you will provide the necessary technical leadership, mentoring, guidance and assure total quality of all engineering efforts. Will lead, motivate, and manage engineering responsibilities for the Al Udeid Air Base Operations . Responsible for the management of fire engineering activities, including product design & testing, prototyping, first article production management, RFQs, bill of material (BOM) set up & maintenance, and engineering change notice (ECN) management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Attends meetings as required for projects or investigative/project development tasks.
- Work collaboratively with all other Engineering and Construction Management/Inspection Teams.
- Responsible for reviewing host nation provided design submittals.
- Support construction inspections, and submittal reviews beyond the expertise of construction inspectors.
- May be required to travel to areas in the local area outside of the military installation to verify design requirements and quality of work being performed on jobs/projects.
- Define engineering timelines according to project objectives & execute accordingly.
- Challenge designs, methods and procedures to improve labor efficiencies and product construction & quality.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Must be a degreed fire protection, mechanical, electrical, or other directly related engineer.
- Registration as a Fire Protection Engineer is preferred.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years fire protection design experience.
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Professional Engineer (PE) is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Must be capable of providing fire protection design analysis services including determination of sprinkler and alarm systems, and equipment selection.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD 2012 or later.
- Must be versed in the International Building Code, NFPA Fire Codes.
- Position requires good leadership and motivational skills, solid technical background, good organizational skills, attention to detail, quality control, client interaction and representation.
- Strong project management and communication skills - Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with and lead individuals and teams (excellent people skills to motivate or discipline) and manage multiple priorities and multiple tasks simultaneously.
TRAVEL: as needed for the role
SECURITY CLEARANCE: SECRET security clearance
Readiness Management Support, L.C.
Readiness Management Support, L.C. (RMS) is a leading provider of global-scale logistics, facilities management, and advanced professional and technical services. RMS provides a broad spectrum of services and solutions to U.S. and international government agencies, and organizations. A world-class leader in providing seasoned program management, RMS leverages and integrates its capabilities to provide safe, innovative, and reliable solutions to meet customers' diverse and complex challenges. RMS is a wholly owned subsidiary of IAP Worldwide Services, Inc.
RMS/IAP is an EOE, including disability/vets.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.