Candidate must be a United States Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret Security Clearance
As the Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for mechanical engineering services including complete design assistance, inspections, determination of HVAC loads, pump sizing/selection, equipment selection, duct sizing and routing, interior plumbing design and fire protection systems. You will work with a team of technicians, engineers, drafters, and surveyors to ensure customer satisfaction and timely project completion.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for mechanical project development to include technical writing, selected construction inspections, quality control and submittal reviews beyond the expertise of a construction manager.
- Assists the Site Manager with Quality, Safety, personnel scheduling, and performance management.
- Attends meetings as required, prepares project reports, CDRLs and specifications IAW with the PWS.
- Verifies accuracy and performs engineering analysis work, including load calculations and equipment sizing.
- Solves design and engineering issues for projects.
- Provide determination of HVAC loads, equipment selection, duct sizing and routing, interior plumbing design, and exterior plumbing design.
- Ensures all work areas are kept clean, orderly and in a safe manner.
- Follows all directives concerning environmental laws pertaining to ozone depleting chemicals and disposition of solvents, fluids, and other fuels.
- Responsible for proper utilization and safeguarding of all contractor and government provided property.
- Completes training in compliance with OSHA and United States Air Force (USAF) requirements.
- Responsible for precise execution of company time reporting procedures and accurate completion of timesheet.
- Performs other duties as assigned in accordance with contractual, functional, and mission requirements.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 4 to 6 years of experience.
- Experience providing designs, preparing drawings using AutoCAD 2012 or later, preparing statements of work, AF form 66 submittal registers and project cost estimates.
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Professional Engineer (PE)
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Solid technical background, good organizational skills, attention to detail, quality control, client interaction and representation.
- Strong and communication skills - Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with the engineering team members to and manage multiple priorities and multiple tasks simultaneously.
TRAVEL: as needed for the role
SECURITY CLEARANCE: SECRET security clearance
Readiness Management Support, L.C.
Readiness Management Support, L.C. (RMS) is a leading provider of global-scale logistics, facilities management, and advanced professional and technical services. RMS provides a broad spectrum of services and solutions to U.S. and international government agencies, and organizations. A world-class leader in providing seasoned program management, RMS leverages and integrates its capabilities to provide safe, innovative, and reliable solutions to meet customers' diverse and complex challenges. RMS is a wholly owned subsidiary of IAP Worldwide Services, Inc.
RMS/IAP is an EOE, including disability/vets.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.