Heavy Equipment Operator
Must be a U.S. Citizen.
The Heavy Equipment Operator operates heavy equipment such as cranes, clam shells, power shovels, motor graders, heavy loaders, carryalls, bulldozers, rollers, scrapers, and large industrial tractors with pan or scrapper attachments. Equipment is used to excavate, load, or move dirt, gravel or other materials. Operator may read and interpret grade and slope stakes and simple plans and may grease, adjust and make emergency repairs to equipment. Operator also has duties of bus driving, cargo delivery.
RMS will be performing Base Operation Support (BOS-1) to the United States Armed Forces in Kuwait, as part of the AFCAP V Contract
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Regularly operates a tractor with semi-trailer or full trailer combination, couples and uncouples the tractor and trailer, and connects and disconnects the air brakes and electrical lines.
- Operator assures that cargo being delivered to other government installations or ports of debarkation are properly distributed and secured, and that the vehicle is not loaded beyond capacity.
- Selects the safest, most direct, and legally allowed route to be followed, and identifies alternative routes to be used in emergency situations, should they arise.
- Maneuvers the vehicle within close tolerances when driving and backing over uneven ground and in narrow or congested areas, between buildings or other vehicles.
- Operates heavy equipment such, heavy loaders, carryalls, bulldozers, rollers, scrapers, and large industrial tractors with pan or scrapper attachments.
- Excavates, loads or moves dirt, gravel or other materials.
- Lifts, positions and adjusts materials, equipment or personnel platforms at heights ranging from several inches to 130 feet.
- Reads and interprets grade and slope stakes and simple plans.
- Drives truck with capacity of more than 3 tons to transport and deliver cargo, materials, or damaged vehicle.
- Maintains truck log according to state and federal regulations and keeps record of materials and products transported.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Alternate Site Management or Supervisor lead.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to operate a Backhoe, Forklift, Bobcat, etc.
- HAZMAT training is required for any transporting of hazardous materials or waste.
- Knowledge and experience working with government contracts is desired.
- Must possess a valid U.S. Driver’s License
- Possess a valid U.S. Passport (preferred)
- Able to obtain and maintain a valid Residency Visa for Kuwait
- Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
- Must be able to endure long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Valid Driver’s License and be able to operate a vehicle with a manual transmission.
- Must have a clean driving record and operate company vehicle in a safe manner.
- Must be able to pass a flight line access test and obtain a flight line access badge
- Must have a Valid US Passport
TRAVEL: 100%, in deployed location.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must have and maintain an Active Secret Clearance
Readiness Management Support, L.C.
Readiness Management Support, L.C. (RMS) is a leading provider of global-scale logistics, facilities management, and advanced professional and technical services. RMS provides a broad spectrum of services and solutions to U.S. and international government agencies, and organizations. A world-class leader in providing seasoned program management, RMS leverages and integrates its capabilities to provide safe, innovative, and reliable solutions to meet customers' diverse and complex challenges. RMS is a wholly owned subsidiary of IAP Worldwide Services, Inc.
RMS is an EOE, including disability/vets.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.