Fitness Specialist **** OCONUS *** Abu Dhabi
OCONUS *** Abu Dhabi **** US Citizenship Required
As the Fitness Specialist you will be a qualified Fitness with certifications to teach aerobics classes to include step-aerobics, weight/strength, cardiovascular and circuit training.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS FOR FITNESS SPECIALIST:
- Fitness Specialists shall be certified IAW AFI 34-266 and/ or other applicable AF Fitness guidance and policies.
- Certified to teach AF approved fitness classes to include spinning, step-aerobics, Pilates/abs, weight/strength, cardiovascular, and circuit training
- Must possess an American Red Cross CPR Certificate, an American Red Cross Standard First Aid certificate or local equivalent certifications (as approved by the ACO), and an Automated External Defibrillator Certification.
- Excellent social, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of fitness training and exercises
- Physical ability to perform exercises for long periods of time.
- Performs other related duties needed/required to support the mission.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED.
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Must possess an American Red Cross CPR Certificate
- American Red Cross Standard First Aid certificate or local equivalent certifications (as approved by the ACO)
- Automated External Defibrillator Certification.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Instruct members in the strength training principles, training procedures, and exercise techniques
- Teach members the proper and preferred use of all the strength training equipment
- Inform members of new information regarding strength training safety and effectiveness
- Listen to a client’s personal fitness goals
- Create customized training programs for clients
- Demonstrate training techniques and movements
- Provide tips and advice on improving form and achieving their goal
- Ensure safe and effective use of training equipment
- Maintain training equipment hygiene and safety
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR FITNESS SPECIALIST:
- Must have a Valid U.S. Driver's License and be able to operate a vehicle with a manual transmission.
- Possess a valid U.S. Passport (preferred)
- Must be able to meet all current USCENTCOM Deployment Policy Requirements, as outlined in the USCENTCOM APR 23 MOD SEVENTEEN TO USCENTCOM INDIVIDUAL AND INDIVIDUAL-UNIT DEPLOYMENT POLICY
- Able to obtain and maintain a valid Residency Visa for the U.A.E.
- Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
- Must be able to endure long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must have and maintain an U.S. Secret Clearance.
IAP - Ingenuity and Purpose
As a leading international services company for more than 65 years, IAP Worldwide Services, Inc. (IAP) provides a broad spectrum of services and solutions to U.S. and international government agencies, and organizations. IAP is a world-class leader in providing Program Management, IT & Communications, Aviation & Engineering Solutions, Power Solutions, and Infrastructure & Logistics to provide safe, innovative, and reliable solutions to meet customers' diverse and complex challenges.
IAP is an EOE, including disability/vets.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.