Master Power Production
Must be a U.S. Citizen. *** OCONUS *** Kuwait
The Master Power Pro installs, operates, and modifies electrical generating power production plants and Ground/Mobile Power Generation equipment.
RMS will be performing Base Operation Support (BOS-1) to the United States Armed Forces in Kuwait, as part of the AFCAP V Contract
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Installs and operates electrical power plants, distribution equipment, automatic transfer panels.
- Checks equipment for serviceability.
- Positions equipment such as gasoline, diesel, and turbine engines; generators; switchgear; air compressors; and other power plant auxiliary equipment.
- Modifies equipment according to technical publications. Accomplishes operating and repair tasks.
- Checks installed equipment to ensure compliance with publications, policies and directives.
- Inspects, tests, and services component systems such as safety, fuel, lubrication, cooling, air pressure, pumps, regulators, governors, and accessory equipment.
- Observes and interprets instruments such as ammeters, voltmeters, frequency meters, synchroscopes, automatic temperature and pressure recorders, and engine oil, fuel, and coolant gauges.
- Adjusts engine generator systems to maintain proper voltage, current frequency, and synchronization. Synchronizes multi-generators.
- Operates high voltage switches, circuit breakers, rheostats, and other controls on switchboards and distribution panels.
- Performs electrical power control and distribution functions.
- Maintains and repairs electrical power generating equipment, automatic transfer panels.
- Performs inspections. Interprets inspection findings and determines corrective action.
- Identifies and records engine and generator malfunctions.
- Troubleshoots malfunctions and inspects parts for excessive wear and other conditions. Uses precision test equipment.
- Removes, repairs, and replaces defective power generating equipment components.
- Performs corrosion control.
- Inspects and replaces gauges and meters. Bench checks components and subassemblies.
- Tests and calibrates repaired items.
- Reviews performance data and maintenance records to determine adequacy of maintenance.
- Interprets data related to electrical power generating systems to prevent potential systems failure.
- Advises on problems installing and repairing electrical power production equipment.
- Solves maintenance problems.
- Studies layout drawings and wiring and schematic diagrams. Analyzes construction and operating characteristics.
- Develops and establishes maintenance and operating procedures to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Maintains records. Posts entries on operation, inspection, and maintenance record. Records meter readings, wear and alignment measurements, fuel consumption, and other data in performance logs.
- Furnishes information for reports and recommends changes to correct defective equipment or improve operating procedures. Complies with environmental policies.
- Performs other duties as required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of 10 (ten) years’ experience in functions such as operation and maintenance of engines, generators, and distribution components of electric power production equipment to include a variety of makes/models.
- Completion of a basic electrical power production course in the military, trade school or Union shop is desired.
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Valid Driver’s License and be able to operate a vehicle with a manual transmission.
- Must have a Valid US Passport.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Must possess strong organizational skills with an attention to detail and follow up.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Must have excellent verbal and writing skills; be skilled and proficient with Microsoft programs such as Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Must have experience in electronics and electricity, including generation, conversion, transformation, distribution, and utilization; types, capacity, and purpose of low/ medium voltage circuits, circuit breakers, switches, fuses, regulators, relays, instruments, and meters associated with electric generation and distribution; interpreting instrument and meter readings; wiring diagrams, schematics, drawings and technical publications; techniques of operating and maintaining internal combustion engines, generator, generating plants, distribution panels, and accessory equipment; use and purpose of test equipment; safety rules and practices; environmental policies; principles of management; and operation and repair of electrical power production systems.
- Must possess a valid U.S. Driver’s License
- Possess a valid U.S. Passport (preferred)
- Must be able to meet all current USCENTCOM Deployment Policy Requirements, as outlined in the USCENTCOM APR 23 MOD SEVENTEEN TO USCENTCOM INDIVIDUAL AND INDIVIDUAL-UNIT DEPLOYMENT POLICY
- Able to obtain and maintain a valid Residency Visa for Kuwait
- Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
- Must be able to endure long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
TRAVEL: 100%, in deployed location.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must have and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance.
Readiness Management Support, L.C.
Readiness Management Support, L.C. (RMS) is a leading provider of global-scale logistics, facilities management, and advanced professional and technical services. RMS provides a broad spectrum of services and solutions to U.S. and international government agencies, and organizations. A world-class leader in providing seasoned program management, RMS leverages and integrates its capabilities to provide safe, innovative, and reliable solutions to meet customers' diverse and complex challenges. RMS is a wholly owned subsidiary of IAP Worldwide Services, Inc.
RMS is an EOE, including disability/vets.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.