IT Systems Specialist
The Information Technology Systems Specialist serves as the primary liaison between end-users, project team members, and other Information Management resources while providing exemplary customer service with the day-to-day support and administration of end-user device-related environments. The Information Technology Systems Specialist is responsible for managing triage support on software and hardware incidents offered via telephone, email, walk-in, or tickets submitted to the Service Desk portal. Must possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, dynamic troubleshooting and critical thinking ability, and a proficiency to excel in team environments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for day-to-day procedures related to the identification, prioritization and resolution of end user requests, including the monitoring, tracking and coordinating of service desk functions.
- Manage processing of incoming requests and incidents via the ticketing system, telephone, email, and walk-ins
- Document all pertinent information and the nature of a problem or issue
- Ensure requests are resolved in a timely fashion to maintain SLA compliance
- Support onsite and remote users
- Escalate or dispatch tickets to the appropriate support resources
- Help create and maintain a knowledge base of known issues and resolutions
- Diagnose complex errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions
- Creates, maintains, and distributes desktop images as needed.
- Administers and supports the company VOIP phone system
- Assign and audit software licenses
- Minimizes organizational costs and improves operational efficiency through asset management and tracking.
- Responsible for asset lifecycle for laptops, desktops, printers, scanners, etc.
- Annual physical inventory of all IT related assets.
- Maintaining IT asset standards and procedures and conducts reports to determine ISO 27000/NIST compliance
- Use effective judgment and professional initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to customer and end user support issues, queries, challenges and escalations.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, track, escalate, resolve, and accurately document various technical problems and resolutions (i.e., software, hardware and client specific applications).
- Provide all day-to-day support for the PC/Endpoint technology for their primary work location; and supplemental remote support for alternate locations when needed
- Responsible for enforcing IT standards set by senior management within IAP Information Technology and IAP Cyber Security Teams
- Manage e-waste disposal in accordance with IAP Corporate policies and platform at their primary work location
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree related to job duties. Two years of experience may be substituted for each missing year of education.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- A+, Security+ and Network+ Certifications Desired
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Effective interpersonal, technical and oral communication skills.
TRAVEL: May require travel
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Ability to obtain a SECRET clearance
IAP - Ingenuity and Purpose
As a leading international services company for more than 65 years, IAP Worldwide Services, Inc. (IAP) provides a broad spectrum of services and solutions to U.S. and international government agencies, and organizations. IAP is a world-class leader in providing Program Management, IT & Communications, Aviation & Engineering Solutions, Power Solutions, and Infrastructure & Logistics to provide safe, innovative, and reliable solutions to meet customers' diverse and complex challenges.
IAP is an EOE, including disability/vets.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.