Construction Management Inspector - OCONUS - Qatar
This is a proposal position (contingent upon contract award)
Must be a U.S. Citizen. *** OCONUS *** Qatar
As the Construction Inspector you must have experience in all aspects of building construction, to include electrical, mechanical, and civil/structural. Will monitor, inspect, document and advise on construction projects as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Monitor, inspect, document, and advise on projects as required.
- Visit’s construction sites daily.
- Attend the weekly construction meetings with the specific projects to ensure the US government is informed of the most up to date information. Attend project specific meetings on a weekly basis.
- Prepare and submit reports of project status and progress weekly to the SM and COR.
- Update project data from all active construction projects in an integrated master schedule at least weekly.
- Verifies measurements, construction adequacy, and work being completed IAW the plans and specifications. In addition to the site visits, this discipline shall
- Read, interpret, and decipher all construction documents (schedules, specifications, blueprints, schematics, diagrams, and related documents)
- Analyze procedures to identify deficiencies, monitor project phasing and ensure adherence to approved safety standards.
- Observe and inspect ongoing construction work, oversee construction record keeping activities, recommend change orders,
- Review proposed change orders submitted by construction Contractors, prepare and submit reports, and keep a daily log of all activities, weather conditions and work quantities.
- Ensure that all construction is performed IAW the applicable statement of work and Government-approved construction documents; review shop drawings and product submittals in a timely and accurate manner.
- Notify the Government of non-compliance with construction SOW and/or Government-approved construction documents within twenty-four (24) hours of inspection and provide inspection reports detailing the non-compliance.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 10 Years of Experience in Construction Field/Inspection
- Associates Degree in Construction Management, or 15 Years of Experience in Construction Field
- Must have experience in civil/structural projects
- American Concrete Institute (ACI) concrete testing certification, preferred (Successful Candidate will be required to have/obtain)
- Be versed in the International Building Code, NFPA Fire Codes and the NEC in addition to general construction practices
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS:
- ACI Concrete Testing Certification
- Must possess a valid U.S. Driver’s License
- Possess a valid U.S. Passport (preferred)
- Must be able to meet all current USCENTCOM Deployment Policy Requirements, including vaccination for COVID-19 as outlined in Paragraph 1.A. of the USCENTCOM JAN 22 MOD SIXTEEN TO USCENTCOM INDIVIDUAL AND INDIVIDUAL-UNIT DEPLOYMENT POLICY
- Able to obtain and maintain a valid Residency Visa for Qatar
- Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
- Must be able to endure long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
TRAVEL: 100%, in deployed location.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must have and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance.
Readiness Management Support, L.C.
Readiness Management Support, L.C. (RMS) is a leading provider of global-scale logistics, facilities management, and advanced professional and technical services. RMS provides a broad spectrum of services and solutions to U.S. and international government agencies, and organizations. A world-class leader in providing seasoned program management, RMS leverages and integrates its capabilities to provide safe, innovative, and reliable solutions to meet customers' diverse and complex challenges. RMS is a wholly owned subsidiary of IAP Worldwide Services, Inc.
RMS/IAP is an EOE, including disability/vets.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.