Fire Alarm Technician *** OCONUS *** Jordan
Must be a U.S. Citizen
OCONUS Position – Jordan
As the Fire Alarm Technician you will inspect, test, maintain, and repair or replace fire detection and alarm systems and permanent fixed water-based fire protection systems in a manner that will ensure their serviceability and operation in accordance with applicable NFPA Standards, UFC 3-600-02, and manufacturer’s instructions. You will review the status of all installed fire detection and alarm systems included in this contract.
RMS will be performing Base Operation Support (BOS-1) to the United States Armed Forces in Jordan, as part of the AFCAP V Contract.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Inspect installed fire detection and alarm systems and water-based protection systems and within 7 calendar days shall correct any discrepancies or impairments to an installed fire detection or alarm or water-based protection system discovered during a scheduled inspection, depending on material availability.
- Shall inspect and test at least annually all systems.
- Perform repairs or replace components on installed fire detection and alarm systems and water-based protection systems IAW NFPA 72.
- National Fire Alarm Code and NFPA 25: Inspection, Testing and Maintenance of Water Based Fire Protection Systems to return a system or component to full operating condition.
- Shall notify the COR, fire department, and facility occupants before proceeding with any repairs on installed fire detection and alarm systems.
- Shall return to full service all installed systems after repair work is complete.
- Shall notify the COR in writing that repairs have been completed and provide a list of work accomplished.
- Include reprogramming or replacing local fire alarm panels, replacing defective devices, installing transmitters in existing remote reporting panels, and installing new remote reporting panels.
- Develop and maintain a quality program to ensure maintenance and repair services are performed IAW applicable NFPA Standards, UFC 3-600-02, and manufacturer’s instructions.
- Shall develop and implement procedures to identify and prevent defective services from reoccurring.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Fire Alarms Technician shall have minimum of three (3) years’ experience related to the requirements and qualifications necessary to manage and perform the task.
- Manages resources and activities necessary to inspect, test, and maintain fire detection and alarm systems.
- Qualifications shall include one or more of the following:
- Personnel who are factory trained and NICET certified for fire alarm system service.
- Personnel who are certified by NICET fire alarm certification organization acceptable to the authority having jurisdiction.
- Personnel who are registered, licensed, or certified by a state or local authority.
- Personnel who are employed and qualified by an organization listed by a nationally recognized testing laboratory for the servicing of fire alarm systems.
- Must possess a valid U.S. Driver’s License and be able to drive manual.
- Possess a valid U.S. Passport (preferred)
- Must be able to meet all current USCENTCOM Deployment Policy Requirements, including vaccination for COVID-19 as outlined in Paragraph 1.A. of the USCENTCOM JAN 22 MOD SIXTEEN TO USCENTCOM INDIVIDUAL AND INDIVIDUAL-UNIT DEPLOYMENT POLICY
- Able to obtain and maintain a valid multiple entry-visa for Jordan.
- Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
- Must be able to endure long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
Security Clearance: Must have and maintain a SECRET security clearance.
Readiness Management Support, L.C.
Readiness Management Support, L.C. (RMS) is a leading provider of global-scale logistics, facilities management, and advanced professional and technical services. RMS provides a broad spectrum of services and solutions to U.S. and international government agencies, and organizations. A world-class leader in providing seasoned program management, RMS leverages and integrates its capabilities to provide safe, innovative, and reliable solutions to meet customers' diverse and complex challenges. RMS is a wholly owned subsidiary of IAP Worldwide Services, Inc.
RMS/IAP is an EOE, including disability/vets.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.