Carpenter - OCONUS - Jordan
Ready to start your next mission?
Check out what IAP Worldwide Services has to offer. Great pay and great benefits!
Qualified candidates must:
- Be a US Citizen
- Possess an Active DoD Secret Clearance
- COVID-19 Vaccination required, per CENTCOM MOD 16 Standards
- Ability to deploy to Jordan within 30 days.
As the Carpenter (Structures Technician), you will fabricate and build items according to designs, blueprints, drawings, and sketches. The Carpenter will repair and/or reconstruct damaged wood stairs, floors, frames, rafters, joists, and trusses to ensure conformity with building codes. They will also repair doors, roofs, ceilings, stairs, floors, windows, and roll-up doors. The Carpenter manages the performance of a wide variety of carpentry related tasks, including new construction, remodeling, renovation, and demolition. In addition, welding experience with Arc, Tig, Mig, & Oxygen/Acetylene welding, Brazing, Oxygen & Acetylene cutting, Carbon-arc cutting/gouging, Plasma Arc cutting, and customer requested metal fabrications is preferred.
RMS will be performing Base Operation Support (BOS) to the United States Armed Forces in Jordan, as part of the AFCAP V Contract
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Carpentry constructs, repairs, restores and installs structures such as floors, doors, windows, stairways, furniture, cabinets, and shelves.
- Carpentry work building forms, frames, ceilings and roofs with common materials to include lumber, plywood, wafer board, sheetrock, steel studs, foam board, and cement board.
- Able to fabricate items according to designs, blueprints, drawings, and sketches.
- Repairs or reconstructs damaged wood stairs, floors, frames, rafters, joists, and trusses to ensure conformity with building codes.
- Repair doors, roofs, ceilings, stairs, floors, windows, and roll-up doors.
- Cleans equipment, shop area, and work site area.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Alternate Site Management or Supervisor lead.
- Reads blueprints, sketches, and modification orders to plan the process and layout to be performed in an expeditious, economical, and effective manner.
- Responsible for observing all current OSHA, AFOSHA ES&H and fire regulations.
- Performs welding/cutting & metal fabrications Welding shop & Field support, and welding/fabrication/repairs as required.
- May perform Shop/Field SMAW, GMAW, GTAW Welding & Metal Fabrications. Ensures the work performed meets Project Regulations, Technical Manual & Industry Standards.
- Utilizes Oxygen/Acetylene, Carbon Arc, Plasma cutting equipment to dismantle assemblies and to cut material to size and shape.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Five (5) years’ experience in Carpentry.
- Welding experience, preferred
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience in welding inspection, preferred
- Able to solve problems, broken end items, parts or fixtures
- Experience with power tools, power saws, cranes, drills, Etc., Etc.
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS:
- AWS welding certification is preferred
- Must have a Valid U.S. Driver’s License and be able to operate a vehicle with a manual transmission.
- Posses a valid US Passport preferred.
- Must be able to meet all current USCENTCOM Deployment Policy Requirements, including vaccination for COVID-19 as outlined in Paragraph 1.A. of the USCENTCOM JAN 22 MOD SIXTEEN TO USCENTCOM INDIVIDUAL AND INDIVIDUAL-UNIT DEPLOYMENT POLICY
- Able to obtain and maintain a valid multiple entry-visa for Jordan.
- Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
- Must be able to endure long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
TRAVEL: 100%, in deployed location.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must have and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance.
Readiness Management Support, L.C.
Readiness Management Support, L.C. (RMS) is a leading provider of global-scale logistics, facilities management, and advanced professional and technical services. RMS provides a broad spectrum of services and solutions to U.S. and international government agencies, and organizations. A world-class leader in providing seasoned program management, RMS leverages and integrates its capabilities to provide safe, innovative, and reliable solutions to meet customers' diverse and complex challenges. RMS is a wholly owned subsidiary of IAP Worldwide Services, Inc.
RMS is an EOE, including disability/vets.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.