Electrical Engineer **OCONUS **QATAR
Ready to start your next mission?
Check out what IAP Worldwide Services has to offer. Great pay and great benefits.
Qualified candidates must:
- Be a US Citizen
- Possess, or have to ability to obtain, a DoD Secret Clearance
- Ability to deploy to Qatar
As the Electrical Engineer, you will develop, manage, investigate, and design electrical systems and technical drawings in support of the customer. Working closely with a diverse team of engineers, you will perform a wide range of engineering tasks to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for technical writing, electric project development, investigative services and quality control.
- Be familiar with local/applicable codes and shall comply with communications requirements and account for them in design documents.
- Shall assist in preparing conceptual studies and sketches that indicate pertinent design features, material, equipment, and specifications.
- Attend meetings as required for projects or investigative/ project development taskings and shall be responsible for selected construction inspections, quality control, and submittal reviews beyond the expertise of construction managers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors and job-related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
- Shall assist in developing cost estimates, drawings, statements of work, bills of materials, time schedules, and submittal registers as required; review and analyze preliminary and final designs, plans, and specifications for technical efficiency and adequacy
- Responsible for proper utilization and safeguarding of all government and contractor provided property (e.g., to include government facilities, equipment, and tools).
- Responsible for precise execution of company time reporting procedures and accurate completion of timesheet.
- Must be able to l interpret and adapt traditional methods and approaches in developing design calculations, layouts, drawings, and specifications that support project objectives and standards.
- Support the projects by providing an environment for the development and professional advancement of project personnel, including providing on-the-job and formal training and development opportunities
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of five (5) years’ work-related experience of design
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Professional Engineer (PE), preferred
- Must possess a valid U.S. Driver’s License
- Possess a valid U.S. Passport (preferred)
- Must be able to meet all current USCENTCOM Deployment Policy Requirements, including vaccination for COVID-19 as outlined in Paragraph 1.A. of the USCENTCOM JAN 22 MOD SIXTEEN TO USCENTCOM INDIVIDUAL AND INDIVIDUAL-UNIT DEPLOYMENT POLICY
- Able to obtain and maintain a valid Residency Visa for Qatar
- Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
- Must be able to endure long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Capable of investigative services including electrical power distribution networks, power load determination, exterior electric, interior electric, fire alarm systems and site lighting.
TRAVEL: 100% OCONUS
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Secret
- Must be able to pass the current CENTCOM AOR Individual Protection and Individual-Unit Deployment Policy
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Qatar Residency Visa
IAP - Ingenuity and Purpose
As a leading international services company for more than 65 years, IAP Worldwide Services, Inc. (IAP) provides a broad spectrum of services and solutions to U.S. and international government agencies, and organizations. IAP is a world-class leader in providing Program Management, IT & Communications, Aviation & Engineering Solutions, Power Solutions, and Infrastructure & Logistics to provide safe, innovative, and reliable solutions to meet customers' diverse and complex challenges.
IAP is an EOE, including disability/vets.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.