Licensed Electrician *** OCONUS *** KUWAIT
Must be a U.S. Citizen *** OCONUS *** Kuwait
The Journeyman Electrician performs organization, intermediate, direct support level electrical, maintenance/modification and repairs on military equipment as prescribed in the equipment Technical Manuals and U.S. Air Force standards
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform a variety of electrical trade functions such as the installation, maintenance or repair of equipment for the generation, distribution or utilization of electric energy.
- Assist team members in solving maintenance problems by analysis and troubleshooting.
- Maintains appropriate government required paperwork and the files (Job Packets) necessary for the maintenance and repair of the equipment.
- Test, repair, overhaul, modify and maintain electrical equipment of a specialized nature such as automatic alternator synchronizing equipment, amplifying control units, voltage regulating equipment, generators, switching and control panels and junction boxes.
- Working from blueprints, drawings, layouts or other specifications,
- Locating and diagnosing trouble in the electrical system or equipment,
- Working standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment
- Using a variety of electrician's hand tools and measuring and testing instruments.
- Research and requisition materials and prepare necessary documents and reports.
- Maintain and repairs all aspects of buildings and industrial electrical distribution systems.
- Diagnose system malfunctions, isolate causes, and correct deficiencies.
- Dismantles and reassembles equipment, using Technical Manuals and/or Electronic Technical Manuals.
Education and Experience: (or equivalent)
- High School Diploma or GED certificate with five (5) years of experience related to the maintenance, repair and testing of electrical system
- Journeymen level license for an Electrician.
- Must be able to read and interpret building diagrams and technical manuals.
- Must have experience with and knowledge of NEC and NFPA-40
- Familiarity with the British Electrical Code (BEC), desirable
License & Certifications:
- Must be a licensed Journeyman Electrician
- OSHA 30 Safety Certification.
- Must possess a valid U.S. Driver’s License and be able to operate a vehicle with a manual transmission.
- Possess a valid U.S. Passport (preferred)
- Must be able to meet all current USCENTCOM Deployment Policy Requirements, including vaccination for COVID-19 as outlined in Paragraph 1.A. of the USCENTCOM JAN 22 MOD SIXTEEN TO USCENTCOM INDIVIDUAL AND INDIVIDUAL-UNIT DEPLOYMENT POLICY
- Able to obtain and maintain a valid Residency Visa for Kuwait
- Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
- Must be able to endure long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
TRAVEL: 100%, in deployed location.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must have and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance.
Readiness Management Support, L.C.
Readiness Management Support, L.C. (RMS) is a leading provider of global-scale logistics, facilities management, and advanced professional and technical services. RMS provides a broad spectrum of services and solutions to U.S. and international government agencies, and organizations. A world-class leader in providing seasoned program management, RMS leverages and integrates its capabilities to provide safe, innovative, and reliable solutions to meet customers' diverse and complex challenges. RMS is a wholly owned subsidiary of IAP Worldwide Services, Inc.
RMS is an EOE, including disability/vets.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.