Site Manager - OCONUS - Qatar
MUST BE A US CITIZEN ***OCONUS*** QATAR
As the Site Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of Dining Facility Services (DFAC) contract. Provides, establishes, and maintains Standard Operating Procedures and performance metrics in accordance with contract requirements and the Project rules/regulations. The SM is responsible for meeting Contractor’s work requirements, including scheduling of personnel, work supervision, and quality control for all tasks associated with this Task Order (TO). Ensures adequate financial tracking, billing, and file operations, in accordance with the RMS and contract procedures. Candidates will be evaluated based on compliance with the listed criteria; demonstrated performance in OCONUS environments is preferred. The individual selected for this posting will begin work as soon as can be arranged, and work with the company to pursue successful award of the follow-on contract. Desired experience and qualifications are listed below.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- The SM shall have full authority to act for the Contractor on all TO matters relating to daily operation of this TO.
- The Site Manager shall acknowledge deficiencies and complaints within twenty-four (24) hours and shall achieve resolution within forty-eight (48) hours.
- Manages tasks in the field, including day to day coordination of resource allocations, quality control, project safety, management oversight, and integration of plans and schedules to ensure success in meeting goals and objectives.
- Prepares proposals for additions, deletions, and changes to the contract scope, as requested by the customer.
- Tracks, analyzes, and trend projects costs.
- Reviews and approves invoicing for customer, based on contract type, terms and conditions.
- Fosters partnership with customer and collaborative management with all stakeholders.
- Identifies and pursues new business opportunities or contract growth opportunities.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive food operation plan that incorporates movement from current DFAC operations to cafeteria style delivery
- Responsible for hiring and managing all American personnel associated with food operations
- Uses, develops, and applies industry standard and proven best practice methodologies to ensure continued performance improvement of all food related activities and delivery of timely and high- quality services.
- Full understanding and implementation of ServSafe and HAACP standards for food service
- Works collaboratively with PMO staff to ensure responsiveness and high customer satisfaction
- Ability to design and manage food service operations including food menu preparation, menu planning, catering services and overall food service management.
- Ability to manage and amend subcontracts and SOWs as directed
- Solid financial knowledge regarding food cost, transportation, and labor
- Demonstrated knowledge of logistics as it pertains to perishable and food items
- Demonstrated ability and comfort with technical writing and presentation.
- Determines staffing requirements for U.S. nationals and Other Country Nationals (OCNs)Oversee food service personnel processes and procedures. Establishes standards for food service personnel performance and customer service
- Coordinates as needed with Program Manager, Operations Manager and DFAC Managers
- Oversees daily, weekly, and monthly menu preparations for all food service locations. Obtains input and approves meal nutritional value, palatability, popularity, and costs
- Establishes and enforces nutritional standards for dining establishments based on accepted industry standards
- Estimates food and beverage consumption at each facility and develops procurement solution anticipating amounts of food and beverages to be purchased on regular basis
- Overseas arrival or food stuff at each facility
- Coordinates with Logistics for successful movement of food by ground and air as needed
- Schedules and receives food and beverage deliveries, checking delivery contents to verify product quality and quantity
- Manages international subcontracted buyers to procure fresh fruits, vegetables, meats, fish, canned/dry good, frozen food, beverages, equipment, and consumable supplies
- Investigates and resolves complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodations
- Monitors budgets and payroll records. Reviews financial transactions for compliance with authorized and budgeted expenditures
- Manages team of equipment maintenance personnel responsible for food equipment such as refrigerators, freezers, forklifts, ovens, stoves, cooking pots, shelving, tables, chairs, utensils
- Monitors compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving, food shipment and delivery and building maintenance in lodging and dining facilities
- Monitors employee liquor consumption for conformance with regulations.
- Monitors food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing for compliance with food handling standards
- Monitors facility use or event catering services such as banquets or receptions. Negotiates details of arrangements with clients
- Tests cooked food by taste and smell for maximum palatability and flavor conformity
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business administration, food service, hospitality, nutrition or related field or equivalent experience.
- Fluent written and spoken English required
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in a commercial kitchen industry at management level.
- Experience in OCONUS environments, is particularly desirable
- Professional experience in Middle East highly desirable (or any other Islamic nation)
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS:
- SERVSAFE certification (preferred)
- Must possess a valid U.S. Driver’s License
- Possess a valid U.S. Passport (preferred)
- Must be able to meet all current USCENTCOM Deployment Policy Requirements, including vaccination for COVID-19 as outlined in Paragraph 1.A. of the USCENTCOM JAN 22 MOD SIXTEEN TO USCENTCOM INDIVIDUAL AND INDIVIDUAL-UNIT DEPLOYMENT POLICY
- Able to obtain and maintain a valid Residency Visa for Qatar
- Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
- Must be able to endure long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Demonstrated staff management, project management, and food services mission/contract fulfillment
- Familiar with, Tri-Service Food Code and or other applicable regulations for Air Force food service operations
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills with strong analytical and problem- solving abilities. Demonstrated staff management, project management, and life support mission/contract fulfillment
TRAVEL: 100% in a deployed location
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Public Trust/NACI
IAP - Ingenuity and Purpose
As a leading international services company for more than 65 years, IAP Worldwide Services, Inc. (IAP) provides a broad spectrum of services and solutions to U.S. and international government agencies, and organizations. IAP is a world-class leader in providing Program Management, IT & Communications, Aviation & Engineering Solutions, Power Solutions, and Infrastructure & Logistics to provide safe, innovative, and reliable solutions to meet customers' diverse and complex challenges.
IAP is an EOE, including disability/vets.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.