General Maintenance (Carpentry) *** OCONUS *** Jordan
Must be a U.S. Citizen *** OCONUS *** Jordan
As the General Maintenance Worker, you will need knowledge of trades such s painting, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, and electrical work.
RMS will be performing Base Operation Support (BOS-1) to the United States Armed Forces in Jordan, as part of the AFCAP V Contract
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- The General Laborer will perform general maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings requiring practical skills and knowledge (but not proficiency) in such trades as painting, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, welding and electrical work.
- Replace electrical receptacles, wires, switches, fixtures, and motors; using plaster or compound to patch minor holes and cracks in walls and ceilings
- Repairing or replacing sinks, water coolers, and toilets; painting structures and equipment
- Repairing or replacing concrete floors, steps, and sidewalks; replacing damaged paneling and floor tiles;
- Hanging doors and installing door locks; replacing broken window panes; and performing general maintenance on equipment and machinery.
- Perform simple maintenance duties not requiring practical skill and knowledge of a trade (e.g., changing light bulbs and replacing faucet washers).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school or equivalent With two (2) years General Maintenance experience
- Practical skill and knowledge (but not proficiency) in such trades as painting, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, and electrical work. Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Must possess a valid U.S. Driver’s License
- Possess a valid U.S. Passport (preferred)
- Must be able to meet all current USCENTCOM Deployment Policy Requirements, including vaccination for COVID-19 as outlined in Paragraph 1.A. of the USCENTCOM JAN 22 MOD SIXTEEN TO USCENTCOM INDIVIDUAL AND INDIVIDUAL-UNIT DEPLOYMENT POLICY
- Able to obtain and maintain a valid multiple entry-visa for the Jordan.
- Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
- Must be able to endure long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License and be able to operate a vehicle with a manual transmission.
- Valid US Passport preferred
TRAVEL: 100%, in deployed location.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must have and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance.
Readiness Management Support, L.C.
Readiness Management Support, L.C. (RMS) is a leading provider of global-scale logistics, facilities management, and advanced professional and technical services. RMS provides a broad spectrum of services and solutions to U.S. and international government agencies, and organizations. A world-class leader in providing seasoned program management, RMS leverages and integrates its capabilities to provide safe, innovative, and reliable solutions to meet customers' diverse and complex challenges. RMS is a wholly owned subsidiary of IAP Worldwide Services, Inc.
RMS is an EOE, including disability/vets.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.