Alternate Grab N Go Manager
MUST BE A US CITIZEN ***OCONUS*** QATAR
As the Manager – Grab-N-Go (Alternate), you will assist all food service operations in their respective facility, including subcontractors’ duties to meet the performance requirements and standards herein and be available during DFAC operating hours. This includes, but is not limited to, food service specialists, food inventory control, and all facility and equipment maintenance. Ensures all meals follow AFCENT Food Service Production Logs. Is responsible for the direction, management, and preparation of, and cooking, serving of all types of food served or prepared by establishment. Ensures that food preparation standards are met. Coordinates activities of workers engaged in delivery of foodstuffs. Prepares project reports for management, customer, or others. Approves and processes invoices for vendors and assigns project costs to proper accounts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide hot or cold “grab and go” foods 24/7 at either of two (2) Grab N Go facilities.
- Inspect the quality and appearance of food prior to the start of each peak traffic or meal period, and as frequently as necessary for the duration of the serving period
- Foods will be appropriately labeled. The Contractor will develop creative displays and attractive garnishes in each serving area
- Prepare food items to ensure optimum freshness, flavor, color, texture, and nutritional value and maintain food at proper temperature
- Attractive food wrappings are to be used as needed to protect freshness of food
- Review and submit inventory count utilizing inventory sheets provided by the Government.
- Responsible for managing assigned USN and OCN personnel associated with food operations to the respective facility.
- Uses, develops, and applies industry standard and proven best practice methodologies to ensure continued performance improvement of all food related activities and delivery of timely and high- quality services.
- Ensure waste is minimal through proper forecasting and progressive cooking standards.
- Familiar with Tri-Service Food Code and or other applicable regulations for Air Force food service operations. Works collaboratively with the Site Manager and Grab N Go Manager to ensure responsiveness and high customer satisfaction
- Ability to manage food service operations including food menu preparation, menu planning, and overall food service management
- Demonstrated knowledge of logistics as it pertains to perishable and non-perishable food items
- Demonstrated ability and comfort with technical writing and presentation
- Determines scheduling requirements for U.S. nationals and other country nationals (OCNs)
- Manage ordering process, assemble, and pack all meal components for pickup by units authorized to receive Flight/Ground Support Meals
- Trains and retains food service employees
- Coordinates daily with the Grab N Go Manager
- Assists in overseeing daily, weekly, and monthly menu preparations for all food service locations. Obtains input and approves meal nutritional value, palatability, popularity, and costs
- Assists with establishing and enforcing nutritional standards for dining establishments based on accepted industry standards
- Assists with estimating food and beverage consumption at each facility and developing procurement solution anticipating amounts of food and beverages to be purchased on regular basis
- Overseas arrival or food stuff at each facility
- Coordinates with Logistics for successful movement of food by ground and air as needed
- Schedules and receives food and beverage deliveries, checking delivery contents to verify product quality and quantity
- Investigates and resolves complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodations
- Monitors compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving, food shipment and delivery and building maintenance
- Monitors employee liquor consumption for conformance with regulations.
- Monitors food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing for compliance with food handling standards
- Tests cooked food by taste and smell for maximum palatability and flavor conformity
- Assist with other facilities or departments as needed to ensure mission success
- Meet and Escort OCN’s from Front Gate to work assignment area at the beginning of shift
- Escort OCN’s from work assignment area to Front Gate at the end of shift
- Assist with other Escort duties as needed
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree in the food management industry, or four years of military food service experience in the grade of E-5 or above.
- Requires two (2) years of food services experience within the past five (5) years. At least three (3) years supervisory experience at the unit manager or assistance manager level, of which all three years shall have been in managing cafeteria style or multi‐entrée operations providing complete meal services (breakfast, lunch, and dinner).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with oversees facilities/life support operations.
- Experience in OCONUS environments, is particularly desirable
- Professional experience in Middle East highly desirable (or any other Islamic nation)
- Fluent written and spoken English required
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Must possess a SERVSAFE certification or obtain the certification prior to beginning employment
- Must possess a valid U.S. Driver’s License
- Possess a valid U.S. Passport (preferred)
- Must be able to meet all current USCENTCOM Deployment Policy Requirements, including vaccination for COVID-19 as outlined in Paragraph 1.A. of the USCENTCOM JAN 22 MOD SIXTEEN TO USCENTCOM INDIVIDUAL AND INDIVIDUAL-UNIT DEPLOYMENT POLICY
- Able to obtain and maintain a valid Residency Visa for Qatar
- Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
- Must be able to endure long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Demonstrated staff management and food services mission/contract fulfillment
- Familiar with, Tri-Service Food Code and or other applicable regulations for Air Force food service operations
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills with strong analytical and problem- solving abilities. Demonstrated staff management, project management, and life support mission/contract fulfillment
TRAVEL: 100% in a deployed location
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Public Trust/NACI
IAP - Ingenuity and Purpose
As a leading international services company for more than 65 years, IAP Worldwide Services, Inc. (IAP) provides a broad spectrum of services and solutions to U.S. and international government agencies, and organizations. IAP is a world-class leader in providing Program Management, IT & Communications, Aviation & Engineering Solutions, Power Solutions, and Infrastructure & Logistics to provide safe, innovative, and reliable solutions to meet customers' diverse and complex challenges.
IAP is an EOE, including disability/vets.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.