Machinery Maintenance Mechanic - Boiler
Pensacola Bay Support Services, a Joint Venture of IAP Worldwide Services and EMCOR Government Services, has been awarded the Pensacola Base Operations Support Contract.
Job Position: Mechanic, Maintenance Machinery (Boiler)
Location: NAS Pensacola and surrounding bases, including Corry Station and Saufley Field
Reports to: Supervisor, Chiller/Steamplant
Minimum Experience: Eight years experience required relevant to the job description and working conditions below, including 5 years of verifiable experience troubleshooting machinery and mechanical equipment to diagnose source of trouble, to dismantle or partially dismantle machines to and perform repairs required.
Education Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Licenses and Certifications: State of Florida Class "E" driver's license or equivalent is required. A physical exam and respirator fit test will be required within 30 days of the hire date (company will arrange).
- Disassembles, inspects, repairs, and reassembles machinery and mechanical equipment (boilers, pumps, HVAC heating systems, steam systems, etc).
- Ability to diagnoses mechanical, electronic and electrical problems with boilers, pumps, and other mechanical equipment.
- Read and interpret mechanical and electrical schematics.
- Makes necessary adjustments to boilers for efficient operations and to meet emission standards.
- Performs routine Preventive Maintenance (PM) on a large variety of makes and models of boilers, and pumps.
- Operates boilers, pumps and air compressors.
- Installs bearings, mechanical seals, and electric motors.
- Aligns motors to pumps utilizing dial indicators.
- Connects and disconnects electrical wiring as required.
- Knowledge of cutting and threading black iron pipe a plus.
- Initiates material requisitions to order parts/materials needed for repairs.
- Uses a variety of basic hand tools and small power tools.
- Utilizes Safety Data Sheets to identify chemical characteristics.
- Completes Work Orders and time sheets daily and accurately.
- Assists supervisor with material and labor estimates.
- Work also involves other duties as assigned, including compliance with the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement(CBA).
Mechanics often lift, carry, and handle materials, tools and equipment weighing up to 40 pounds for at least 30 feet and extended periods. They occasionally work in cramped and inconvenient surroundings requiring manipulation of equipment in awkward positions for prolonged periods. Work frequently requires standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, climbing, and working in tiring and uncomfortable positions for extended periods. Must be able to ascend and descend ladders of various heights. Make repairs and installations from ladders, scaffolding or platforms where parts of systems worked on are frequently in hard‑to‑reach places.
The work is accomplished both indoors and outdoors, all climates, including working outside and on top of tall buildings, often exposed to hot sun for extended periods of time. Frequently works in cramped spaces, hot/cold attic spaces, areas with low overheads, and areas with hot/cold, oily, wet, and dusty surfaces. The Mechanic maybe exposed to moving parts and machinery while working around operating equipment. Limited work may be required in asbestos containing areas, with company training and protective equipment provided. On-Call Duty rotation required, with company cell phone provided when in a duty status. May be called in for off-hours emergency situations including weekends and holidays. When notified by the SCADA Desk operator or Supervisor, the employee must arrive at the work site no later than 1 hour after being notified.
Drug test/background check required
PBSS is an EOE, including disability/vets.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.