$2,000 SIGN ON BONUS + $200 VACCINE INCENTIVE BONUS
Due to COVID-19 facemask and social distancing is required at all times. If you are sick please stay home and we can schedule an interview at another time.
OPPORTUNITY: We are a Food service folding carton manufacturing operation seeking candidates to join our Chicago, IL team. We’re recruiting for multiple positions so be sure you review all of our job postings. This job posting is for a Finishing Operator with a pay range of $22.66 to 26.59/hour plus shift differential and progressive pay increases. We continually encourage our employees to advance their careers through on the job training and job progression through our strong promotion from within program. We offer a wide array of benefits including, but not limited to, Paid Vacation & Holidays, optional Health, Dental, and Life Insurance, including health spending accounts and a progressive healthy lifestyle program, as well as 401-K with a company matching component and standard supplemental company contributions. Tobacco Cessation and Employee Assistance/Referral Program, Uniform Service, Safety Shoe, and Safety Prescription-Eyewear benefits are also available.
Please review all of our job postings and apply for each position you feel you’re qualified and would like to be considered for.
JOB SUMMARY: The person who occupies this position is to adjust finishing equipment in order to process a flat carton order and oversee its production (complex glue experience a plus).
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Operator is responsible for adjusting glue machinery to fit particular style of carton being processed.
- Once production begins, operator is responsible for maintaining machinery at optimum speed. When malfunctions occur, operator is to be able to detect cause and make appropriate adjustments as quickly as possible.
- Operator is responsible for members of crew working on gluer machinery. Is fully responsible in ensuring team members are working efficiently and safely. The operator is also responsible to train feeder/catcher trainees as necessary.
- Must assume duties of the feeder or catcher when those persons are on breaks (see job description for Feeder/Catcher). The Operator performs activities of Feeder/Catcher approximately 2 hours per day.
- Responsible for performing maintenance duties on gluer machinery; greasing, oiling, blowing off machinery, glue pot maintenance, bearing and belt replacement and cleaning parts.
- Is to maintain written and electronic records of quality and production. Operator goes through hourly statistical measurements (carton alignment, edge caliper, opening force, glue length, etc. . . .).
- Responsible for making labels per customer specs.
- Ability and Positive attitude to teach and help fellow operators to trouble shoot all problems when called upon to do so.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Mechanical/technical aptitude
- Entry Level Computer skills
- All requirements for Finishing Operator in addition to the ability to set up and trouble shoot 906 Roberts PolyPro, Jagenberg Diana 90 & 70, Bobst Domino 90 & 110, International Speed King.
- Set up and run all Hot Melt units and trouble shoot as needed.
- Set up and run labelaire machines per customer specs.
- Have the ability to setup and run the Jangenberg, Speed King, Bobst Domino, Window machine, and Pick and Place on the Domino.
- Feeder/Catcher experience preferred. Mechanical experience is helpful (automotive, small engine repair, etc.)
- Finishing machine, allen wrench, screwdriver and other related tools needed for make ready
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Schedules are up to 8 or 12-hour shifts on alternate days with rotating weekends off. However, employees must have the ability to work alternate schedules and overtime that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
- Some Departments/Jobs may run a M-F 8-hour Shift Schedule.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime.
- Sitting or standing, depending on changing job assignment, for extended periods.
- Awkward and/or repetitive movements.
- Routine Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Occasional Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Standing, walking, lifting (up to 50 lbs.) carrying (up to 50 lbs.), pushing, pulling, reaching, handling, visual acuity (Near and Far).
- Inside conditions, extremes of heat (up to 100 degrees in the summer), humidity, noise (from production machinery; must wear hearing protection in the Finishing area).
- Must be able to speak, read and write English. Working knowledge of finishing machine (gluer). Mechanical aptitude.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various hand and electrical tools and equipment.
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.
This position is located at 400 E. North Avenue, Carol Stream, IL. View the Google Map in full screen.