Stewards VISTA: WV READY - Development Coordinator
Conservation Legacy began with the belief that everyone in our communities can add value and enrich the lives of all who live there. This belief is captured in our mission: Fostering conservation service in support of communities and ecosystems. This mission is inspired by a shared vision of a legacy of healthy lands, air, and water, thriving people, and resilient communities. Our history is rooted in central Appalachia, where the first AmeriCorps VISTAs began service over fifty years ago. WVs outdoor recreation, tourism, and energy-producing industries are collectively tied to the State's iconic mountain topography. WV boasts 120 miles of whitewater, 3,000 climbing locations and an abundance of trails. Parks and public outdoor public recreation are integral parts of the state's leisure and hospitality industry, which is growing in the state. Income growth and visitors have steadily increased for the last several years, although salary growth falls behind that of the state's other economic sectors. West Virginia requires extensive capabilities and resources to improve public land and conservation practices and Conservation Legacy through Stewards is poised to assist in those capabilities. The WV READY VISTA will provide the needed capacity through grant writing and partnership development to support the placement of WV READY fellows in counties seeking a pathway to transition from a resource extraction industry to one that is preserving natural resources and developing a solid outdoor recreation tourism project. The WV READY VISTA will also develop a conservation camp /high school program that provides students with an introduction into careers in conservation and community service, the creation of project plans, and curriculum WV READY Fellows for their implementation. Additionally finding resources and projects to host Youth Conservation Corps throughout WV.
For more information regarding Stewards, please visit our website.
This position is a one-year AmeriCorps VISTA position, lasting from October 23, 2023 – October 21, 2024.
- Grant writing and fund development (support and training provided)
- Partnership development to support the placement of WV READY fellows in counties seeking a pathway to transition from a resource extraction industry to one that is preserving natural resources and developing a solid outdoor recreation tourism project.
- Develop a conservation camp/high school program that:
- provides students with an introduction into careers in conservation and community service,
- the creation of project plans,
- and WV READY Fellows curriculum.
- Additionally, finding resources and projects to host Youth Conservation Corps throughout WV.
- Living Allowance ($62.69/day)
- Paid Training
- Housing stipend ($200 monthly)
- Health Coverage
- For details about AmeriCorps VISTA healthcare benefits, please visit http://www.vistacampus.gov/healthcare
- Choice of Education Award ($6,895) or End of Service Stipend (~$1,800) upon successful completion of service
- Relocation Allowance (up to $750)
- Travel Reimbursement depending on travel to site (up to $550)
- Direct support from a designated Program Coordinator
Stewards Individual Placements does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
If you need assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application, interviewing, and/or onboarding process, please send your request to the hiring manager in your preferred method of communication.
Please reach out to JM Aurednik (ore-ed-nik) (he/him) at email@example.com or give me a call/text message at 681.238.0963.
Children/Youth, Community Outreach, Education, Community and Economic Development, Neighborhood Revitalization.
Public Speaking, Communications, Community Organization, Computers/Technology, Writing/Editing, Youth Development.
Bachelors Degree preferred.
This position is located at 330 Harper Park Drive, Beckley, WV. View the Google Map in full screen.