Strategic Planning Specialist - Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park (Stewards: VISTA)
- Relocation Allowance if eligible
- Childcare assistance if eligible
- Living Allowance
- Choice of Education Award ($6,895) or End of Service Stipend
- Public Land Corps Federal Hiring Authority
- PTO, Sick days, and Holidays
Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park
The Conservancy enriches people’s lives and enhances our region by inspiring use, preservation and support of Cuyahoga Valley National Park. We believe that Cuyahoga Valley National Park is one of the greatest assets to our region and we will protect it, promote it and encourage people to enjoy it. We are committed to equity and justice in our organizational practices, in our outreach and in community engagement. We embrace diversity and will practice inclusion internally and externally, assuring that all people are welcome in the park, in employment, in volunteerism and in Conservancy programs. We are committed to the health and wellbeing of park visitors, of our employees and volunteers and of the broader community. The park is an asset to our community, and we will be engaged in the broader northeast Ohio community to assure that our work is relevant, nimble and adapting to the needs and interests of those who live, work, and play in our region.
The AmeriCorps VISTA candidate will aid in the implementation of the Employment Pipeline Program. The VISTA will support the need for structural change and an internal culture with a DEI focus. The VISTA will assist in the preparation and submission of grant proposals to secure future funding to sustain both the Employment Pipeline and internal DEI efforts. The VISTA will assist in emphasizing and carrying out the internal strategic plan. The VISTA will cultivate relationships with local school districts, Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU), local colleges and universities, and local equity-based organizations. The VISTA will participate in professional development opportunities and establishing framework for future leaders.
- Partnership Collaboration
- Serve on DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) Team
- Data Analysis
- Partnership Development
- Staff and Volunteer Recruitment
- Grant Writing/Management
- Community Outreach and Engagement
- Community Development
- Economic Development
- Ability to Work Efficiently on a Team
- Cultural Competency
- Strong Writing and Editing Skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Public Speaking Skills
- Willingness to Learn
- Strong drive to make and see change in your community!
- Community Organization
- Higher Education Experience
- Fund raising/Grant writing
- Urban Planning
- Non-Profit Management
This position is located in Peninsula, OH. View the Google Map in full screen.