COVID Containment Response Corps - CO Residents
*Must be a Colorado Resident*
Colorado’s COVID Containment Response Corps (CCRC) engages local public health authorities, non-profit organizations and business leaders to contain the spread of COVID-19. At the heart of this effort are national service members who have provided disaster relief assistance to the CCRC’s efforts since June 2020. Conservation Legacy (CL), a partner in the CCRC, is a 501(c)(3) non-profit in Colorado that provides training, leadership development, and high-quality resources to nonprofits and community-based organizations.
Service Position Summary: CL will have up to 30 AmeriCorps members to support the COVID-19 response efforts in Colorado. AmeriCorps members may serve in multiple roles, such as vaccine outreach, case data and evaluation tracking, and may assist with other COVID containment response efforts as outbreaks and demands for containment efforts fluctuate.
Location: All of these positions are remote.
- Complete COVID Containment Response Corps activities that may include: updating vaccine databases, assisting facilities with vaccine planning, coordinating vaccine clinics, assisting schools with testing programs, and other COVID response projects.
- Communicate with contacts in a professional and empathetic manner maintaining emotional and cultural awareness.
- Protect and maintain individuals’ privacy and confidentiality
- Accurately record quality data, and report any mishaps
- Commit to complete your term of service
- Ability to think critically when speaking with clients to determine their correct set of needs
- Participate in on-going training and events as required and requested by CDPHE and/or AmeriCorps.
- Wear official AmeriCorps identity items such as name tag and t-shirt during all AmeriCorps service.
- Participate in performance reviews with the site supervisor.
- Meet regularly with the site supervisor to discuss programming topics and issues.
- Represent AmeriCorps, CDPHE, and any additional host/ program/partner sites in a professional manner.
- Be willing to provide direct services, strengthen the community or build the capacity of the organization as described in the position description.
- Be a resident of the state of Colorado
- Be a U.S. citizen or U.S. national or a lawful permanent resident alien of the U.S.
- High school diploma or GED required; must be at least 18 years old.
- Pass required criminal background checks, including a National Sex Offender Website search, to serve with at-risk or vulnerable populations. AmeriCorps service is contingent on passing these background checks. If background checks have not been resolved by the conclusion of a member’s training, they will be placed on administrative hold until they meet the clearance threshold.
- Be willing and able to complete 300 required hours of service (9 weeks) before December 31, 2021.
- English fluency, with clear and concise communication skills. Fluency in a second or multiple languages could be an advantage.
- Must be able to serve remotely, including access to a home office or other space that would afford a professional, quiet, private space from which to serve. Due to the confidentiality required when serving with people’s personal health information, the service activities cannot be completed in a public space.
- Internet connection is required, hotspots may be provided on a case-by-case basis.
- Proficiency with computers and data entry into electronic tracking systems.
- This is a full-time AmeriCorps position. Must be able to serve a total of 40 hours per week. Days and hours may range from Monday to Friday and from 7am to 7pm Mountain time. Schedule will be determined by the host site’s needs. Members may be asked to serve on holidays or weekends.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to exhibit a professional, positive attitude, sound judgement and independent work ethic
- Ability to show empathy to distressed individuals and excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with people of diverse cultural, racial, ethnic, gender, age, ability, and socioeconomic backgrounds during a time of crisis and distress
- Solutions-oriented mind-set and a proactive approach to overcoming challenges
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Ability to perform duties independently and self-motivate
- Experience navigating computer systems and ability to comply with data integrity and security policies, safeguarding all personal identifiable information
- Technological resiliency and a willingness to learn multiple new systems and platforms simultaneously
- Attend all required training
- Submit an online timesheet to report service hours once every two weeks
- Accurately record and report data
- May serve weekend shifts and/or holiday shifts as assigned by your Host Site Supervisor
Benefits and Support:
AmeriCorps members receive:
- Members earn a living allowance of up to $5040 (disbursed in equal payments every two weeks) or $560/week for members who serve 300 hours in 9 weeks, as well as an Eli Segal AmeriCorps Education Award of $1,311.11 upon successful program completion
- For members at least 55 years of age, ability to transfer ed award to a child, step-child, foster-child, grandchild, or step-grandchild
- Forbearance and accrued interest payment for eligible student loans: See here for more details
- Professional Development, an extensive Alumni network
- Members can serve remotely
Training Provided: Conservation Legacy and the host site will provide a virtual member orientation and training at the beginning of the member’s service. The host site training will cover all the duties of the role as well as expand members’ knowledge of public health, vaccines and other COVID containment duties. The training period will include daily online training modules which members will need to complete before being cleared to start COVID containment work.
Service Environment: AmeriCorps members will serve remotely under the direct supervision of public health officials at CDPHE or with a Local Public Health Agency. A computer will be provided and must be used for service, a stable and secure internet connection is preferred, internet support will be provided on a case-by-case basis. Service will require using a computer, sitting or standing at a desk for extended periods of time, making calls using a computer softphone, and attending video conference meetings.
Conservation Legacy Homepage: Homepage | Conservation Legacy
CDPHE Contact Tracing: https://covid19.colorado.gov/are-you-sick/contact-tracing
Serve Colorado: https://www.colorado.gov/servecolorado
Corporation for National & Community Service: http://www.nationalservice.gov/
Conservation Legacy does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy. CL is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action.
This AmeriCorps program is available to all, without regard to race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, political affiliation, or, in most instances, religion. It is also unlawful to retaliate against any person who, or organization that, files a complaint about such discrimination. In addition to filing a complaint with local and state agencies that are responsible for resolving discrimination complaints, you may bring a complaint to the attention of the Corporation for National and Community Service. If you believe that you or others have been discriminated against, or if you want more information, contact: Office of Civil Right and Inclusiveness, Corporation for National and Community Service, 1201 New York Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20525, (800) 833-3722 (TTY and reasonable accommodation line) (202) 565-3465 (FAX); firstname.lastname@example.org (email)
Apply here: https://jobs.silkroad.com/ConservationLegacy/Careers/jobs/2899
This position is located at United States, Flexible - Any Remote Location. View the Google Map in full screen.