Assistant Athletic Trainer
The Assistant Athletic Trainer at Cameron University, an NCAA Division II institution in the Lone Star Conference, is a highly responsible and demanding position. The University has a winning tradition in athletics and is strongly supported by the local community. The Assistant Athletic Trainer position is a full-time job assignment. This is a 12-month assignment. All members of the Athletic Staff are expected to be team players supporting each other while promoting the mission of the University, supporting the philosophy of the Athletic Department, and assuring the well-being of all student athletes. The Assistant Athletic Trainer will be responsible for assisting the Head Athletic Trainer in the development and implementation of a high-quality collegiate athletic training program, which is in conformity with NCAA, conference and university rules, regulations and policies.
- Job Duties as Assistant Athletic Trainer include, but are not limited to:
- Support and perform duties as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer.
- Care and prevention of sports related injuries.
- Evaluation of all sports related injuries.
- Rehabilitation of student athlete’s injuries as needed.
- Build relationships with medical experts in local community.
- Assist in the processing of all athletic insurance claims of the student athletes.
- Assist in the recruitment of student athletic trainers.
- Assist in the development of a budget within the allocated institutional resources and manages expenditures of funds within the developed budget.
- Assist in performing fundraising for the program and the Athletic Department.
- Supervises professional and student assistants.
- Assist in the development of schedules for athletic training coverage during practices and competition.
- Assist in the development of daily training room hours of operation.
- Active involvement in community service activities.
- Assure the academic success of the student trainers.
- Responsible for the daily maintenance and upkeep of the athletic training rooms and equipment within the Aggie Gymnasium and the Athletics Center.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervision: The Assistant Athletic Trainer will be under the direct supervision of the Head Athletic Trainer.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Certification through the National Athletic Trainer’s Association or equivalent.
- Certified in CPR and First Aid.
- College, graduate assistant or high school athletic training experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and management ability.
- Strong work ethic with a team player’s positive attitude.
- Athletic Training experience at the college level.
- Master's Degree.
Cameron University offers a wide variety of comprehensive programs to benefit our employees. We are proud to offer such benefits as paid medical coverage for our employees, ample time off and opportunities and employee tuition waiver programs. To view all benefits available to employees, visit: http://www.cameron.edu/hr/staff-benefits-summary.
Cameron University (www.cameron.edu) is a state-supported regional institution located in Lawton, Oklahoma, that offers undergraduate and graduate degrees. Dedicated to excellence, the university provides a wide range of economic, cultural, and educational opportunities for the betterment of all citizens. Master's-level graduate degrees are offered in business, behavioral sciences, and education; baccalaureate programs are offered in more than forty disciplines, and associate degrees are offered in many other studies. The close proximity of Fort Sill contributes to an area rich in cultural diversity and provides the opportunity for frequent cooperative efforts. The combined community of Lawton/Fort Sill has a population of more than 100,000 and is located adjacent to the picturesque Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge. A copy of the University’s Annual Security Report, listing crime statistics and university policies, is available by contacting the Office of Public Safety or by accessing the report online at www.cameron.edu/ops.
To apply, go online to https://cameronhr.silkroad.com/.
Review of applications will begin immediately with the position being filled as soon as possible.
This position is located at 2800 W. Gore Blvd, Lawton, OK. View the Google Map in full screen.