Instructor of Mathematics, Mathematical Sciences
The Department of Mathematical Sciences invites application for a full time position at the rank of instructor for AY 2022-2023. The department offers BA in Mathematics degree. The teaching load is 24 undergraduate hours per academic year of developmental and general education courses. The position requires expertise to:
- Teach a diverse student body in daytime and evening classes on the main campus.
- Participate actively in curriculum planning and development, assessment, syllabus writing, development of examinations, and selection of learning materials.
- Teach in various modalities including hybrid, virtual, and online.
- Teach courses using a graphic calculator, such as TI-84.
Master’ degree in Mathematics or closely related field (e.g. Statistics); or Master’s degree with at least 18 hours of graduate work in Mathematics.
- Demonstrated experience teaching at the college level.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in undergraduate teaching to 1st generation and non-traditional students.
- Experience teaching courses targeted toward students with developmental mathematics needs.
- Experience advising college-level students.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Ability to work collegially in a team environment.
Cameron University offers a wide variety of comprehensive programs to benefit our employees. We are proud to offer such benefits as paid medical coverage for our employees, ample time off opportunities and employee tuition waiver programs. To view all benefits available to employees, visit: https://www.cameron.edu/hr/faculty-benefits-summary.
Cameron University (www.cameron.edu) is a state-supported regional institution located in Lawton, Oklahoma, that offers undergraduate and graduate degrees. Dedicated to excellence, the university provides a wide range of economic, cultural, and educational opportunities for the betterment of all citizens. Master's-level graduate degrees are offered in business, behavioral sciences, and education; baccalaureate programs are offered in more than forty disciplines, and associate degrees are offered in many other studies. The close proximity of Fort Sill contributes to an area rich in cultural diversity and provides the opportunity for frequent cooperative efforts. The combined community of Lawton/Fort Sill has a population of more than 100,000 and is located adjacent to the picturesque Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge. A copy of the University’s Annual Security Report, listing crime statistics and university policies, is available by contacting the Office of Public Safety or by accessing the report online at www.cameron.edu/ops.
Attachments should include a cover letter indicating experience applicable to position, resume, transcripts (unofficial are acceptable at this point), names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
This position is located at 2800 W. Gore Blvd, Lawton, OK. View the Google Map in full screen.