Online Adjunct Instructor, Department of Chemistry, Physics & Engineering
This posting is to find applicants willing to teach online courses in the Spring 2022 semester, starting in January, as well as future semesters. The courses include chemistry, astronomy, and general physical science courses.
Part time Adjunct Faculty for the Cameron University, Department of Chemistry, Physics & Engineering
Adjuncts holding this position may teach a maximum of 9 credit hours a semester.
- Responsibilities will include teaching online courses such as Descriptive Chemistry, Astronomy, and General Physical Science. It will also require attending some mandatory university and department meetings (via Zoom), collecting assessment data for the courses under your instruction, and holding office hours for your students. The position requires the instructor to teach online courses. Other duties as assigned.
- For courses taught in the department, a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (chemistry, physics, or engineering) plus a minimum of 18 or more graduate hours in chemistry, physics, or engineering OR three years of tested experience in a relevant field.
- Master’s degree in relevant field (chemistry, physics, or engineering).
- Teaching experience
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Cameron University (www.cameron.edu) is a state-supported regional institution located in Lawton, Oklahoma, that offers undergraduate and graduate degrees. Dedicated to excellence, the university provides a wide range of economic, cultural, and educational opportunities for the betterment of all citizens. Master's-level graduate degrees are offered in business, behavioral sciences, and education; baccalaureate programs are offered in more than forty disciplines, and associate degrees are offered in many others. The close proximity of Fort Sill contributes to an area rich in cultural diversity and provides the opportunity for frequent cooperative efforts. The combined community of Lawton/Fort Sill has a population of more than 100,000 and is located adjacent to the picturesque Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge. A copy of the University’s Annual Security Report, listing crime statistics and university policies, is available by contacting the Office of Public Safety or by accessing the report online at www.cameron.edu/ops.
Applicants must click APPLY at the bottom of this page and submit the following documents with their application:
- Attach a cover letter that includes availability
- Current CV/Resume
- Three recent letters of recommendation
This position is located at 2800 W. Gore Blvd, Lawton, OK. View the Google Map in full screen.