Welcome to Pierce County Library System’s Career Portal
Ready to spark your career with Pierce County Library?
Join our Library engaged in community-driven services and deliver an innovative and exciting future to the residents of the beautiful Pacific Northwest.
Pierce County Library is a premier library system in Washington State, with 20 libraries through the county. Our System is known throughout the United States for innovation, creativity, focused leadership, and development of internal talent. Our mission is to bring the world of information and imagination to all people of our community. You can learn more about our system at www.PierceCountylibrary.org.
PCLS employees are our number one asset and we support your decision to explore other opportunities within the organization. Review our 2020 Strategic Plan here to learn about our work to support the Pierce County community. We seek talented people who are inspired to support the Pierce County community members in these important areas:
Learning at your library. We inspire lifelong learning.
· Support for your growth and curiosity.
· Prepare preschoolers, babies and toddlers to learn.
· Support school and career success.
· Strengthen your practical skills and knowledge, so you can navigate the real world and meet your goals.
Enjoyment at your library. We foster your love of reading.
· Help you enjoy your free time.
· Foster your love of reading.
· Create opportunities for you to discover new interests and pursue passions.
Community at your library. We engage with residents.
· Connect and strengthen your communities.
· Bring people together around shared interests and activities.
· Activate Pierce County communities with welcoming, inclusive civic buildings and online spaces.
· Connect you with information and community resources to help you navigate life’s challenges.
Diversity & Inclusion
Pierce County Library System is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering a diverse work environment. The Library values the diversity of both the public it serves and its skilled and knowledgeable employees. Employment related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.
Personally Identifiable Information
This website is operated by Pierce County Library System. Any personally identifiable information you provide about yourself is NOT sold or disclosed to third parties, except as required or authorized by applicable law. It is our policy to protect the privacy of any user visiting our site. Your personally identifiable information is only provided to those employees who have a legitimate need for the information in order to perform their jobs. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure and Pierce County Library System does not ensure or warrant the security of the transmission of information.
Assistance in Applying
All applications must be submitted online through our applicant tracking system. Applicants with disabilities who require assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact our Staff Experience department at 253-548-3510. Requests will be accommodated to the extent reasonably possible.
If you have experience any problems or have questions, please call 253-548-3510 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance in our application process.
Pierce County Library System is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering a diverse work environment. The Library values the diversity of both the public it serves and its skilled and knowledgeable employees.
Pierce County Library System offers comprehensive benefits options as a part of a competitive total compensation package.
Fewer than nineteen (19) hours receive:
- Paid Sick leave
- 12 paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
More than twenty (20) hours
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Twelve (12) paid holidays
- Employee only medical, dental, vision and long-term disability coverage at no cost
- Spouse/domestic partner and dependent coverage available at the employee’s expense
- Employer-paid employee Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) ($25,000) and dependent life ($1,000 per dependent)
- Additional voluntary Life insurance for the employee & spouse/domestic partner available
- Washington State Public Employees Retirement System (PERS)
- Voluntary tax-sheltered supplemental retirement accounts with Washington State Deferred Compensation Program (DCP) and VOYA Financial
- Internal training and tuition assistance program