Accounting and Finance
Manager of Finance Business Line
The Manager of Business Line Finance is primarily responsible for supporting the business lines with fiscal management by analyzing departmental fiscal data from programs and operations, applying fundamental fiscal concepts, and by supporting the programs during audits from external entities. The Manager of Business Line Finance plays a significant role in the Affiliate’s internal control and reporting structure, primarily through the management of the accounts receivable cycle, and by providing timely and accurate account reconciliations. The Manager of Business Line Finance will demonstrate knowledge and good judgment in the application of GAAP, and under direction of the Controller, will maintain the integrity of the financial accounting system, primarily related to revenue and accounts receivable, supervise certain staff functions, and reconcile various general ledger accounts according to the monthly closing schedule. The position will require an ability to effectively communicate with Executive Management, external service providers and program personnel on a regular basis.
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
- Successful completion of responsibilities in an accurate, timely manner.
- Leadership and team building of financial team.
- Compliance and accuracy in all financial matters for the corporation.
- Successful reports from external and internal auditors.
- Conspicuous support of the Affiliate’s Mission.
This position requires initiative, flexibility, simultaneously meeting multiple demands, and the proven ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Financial Management, or MBA and possess a CPA license
- Minimum of seven years supervisory experience, grants accounting or cost accounting knowledge preferred,
- Excellent oral and written communications, analytical and research skills
- Well developed computer skills including competence in Microsoft Suite,
- Able to contribute in a team environment and provide guidance and leadership to subordinate team members,
- Experience with computerized Financial Management Information Systems and Web-based payroll preferred.
- This position requires driving your personal vehicle for company business. Must be privileged to drive according to the criteria set forth by Agency MVR guidelines.
- Valid driver’s license in jurisdiction of residence
- Vehicle liability coverage if driving personal vehicle (on occasion, may be required to transport clients in personal vehicle)
- Acceptable Criminal background check, OIG Exclusion check
- Negative Drug Screening