Behavioral Health Services
Community Living Counselor/PRP
Under the supervision of the Community Living Supervisor, the Community Living Counselor is responsible for the provision of direct services which promote the ability of clients to participate in appropriate community activities and which contribute to the development and utilization of skills necessary for independent living. Additionally, the Community Living Counselor will participate in the assessment of the client’s rehabilitation needs and in the development, implementation, and monitoring of the client’s individual rehabilitation plan. The Community Living Counselor is also responsible for providing crisis services, including intensive support and assistance, and may be required to provide follow up services to suspended or discharged clients.
The Community Living Counselor is also responsible for ensuring that clients develop and utilize skills that contribute to the maintenance of a safe residential environment as well as documenting service delivery. The Community Living Counselor may be privileged to provide basic health teaching in the areas of nutrition, exercise, dental care, substance abuse prevention, and prevention of injury and illness at home and in the community as well as training in communication disease prevention.
EFFECT ON END RESULTS:
- Services will be provided that address clients’ rehabilitative service needs.
- Clients will participate safely and more independently in activities of community life.
- VOAC policies and procedures will be implemented and programmatic requirements will be met.
The successful applicant will have a High School Diploma or GED plus must have at least two years of experience working in a mental health and/or social service related field, which may include some related post high school education. A Bachelor's Degree in social services or mental health field with at least 1 year experience providing rehabilitative services or working with persons with chronic mental illness is preferred.
- This position requires driving your personal vehicle for company business. Must be privileged to drive according to the criteria set forth by Agency MVR guidelines.
- Valid driver’s license in jurisdiction of residence
- Vehicle liability coverage if driving personal vehicle (on occasion, may be required to transport clients in personal vehicle)
- May be required to drive a van
- Acceptable Criminal background check, OIG Exclusion check
- Negative Drug and TB Screening
- CPR/First Aid Certification must be acquired and maintained once employed