RSVP Program Coordinator
The Program Coordinator for the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (a National Service Corps Program), will be primarily responsible for administrative tasks including report gathering, data collection, and monitoring of volunteer and client files. The Program Coordinator will also support the director in recruitment, training and placement of older individuals in volunteer positions throughout New London County as well as meet with new clients to perform intake assessments. The Coordinator will assist the Director with program promotion and development in new regions and data compilation for all grants. The Coordinator must have the ability to multi-task between administrative tasks and an understanding of and compassion for the needs of older volunteers and individuals from culturally diverse backgrounds. The Coordinator will learn, implement, and follow all program policies and procedures and act as a liaison between volunteers, station staff, participants, and administration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, or related field, plus three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of related education and experience
- Proficiency in Spanish preferred.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required, including experience with Excel
- Must have a valid Driver’s License, good driving record, access to reliable, insured transportation.
- Have strong organizational skills and attention to detail.