Accounting and Finance
Director - FP&A
Build your career with TopBuild, where talent meets opportunity! TopBuild Corp. (NYSE: BLD) is the leading installer and distributor of insulation products to the United States construction industry, based on revenue. We provide insulation installation services nationwide through our TruTeamSM business, which has over 190 installation branches located in 43 states; we distribute insulation and other building products nationwide through our Service Partners business from our 72 distribution centers located in 35 states; and we are a leader in building science through TopBuild Home Services, Inc. and its Environments For Living program. TopBuild’s corporate headquarters is located in Daytona Beach, FL.
Our Core Values: Safety - Integrity - Diversity - Customer - Focus - Continuous Improvement - Innovation - High Performance Teams
Responsible for the Budgeting, Forecasting and Planning activities of the company as well as supporting Strategic Analysis and Pricing. Coordination and accountability for the company’s Long-Range Planning process and Annual Budget which includes profit planning, sales forecasts, expense budgets, accounts receivable, cost standards, saving opportunities, and capital investments. Operates in a customer-focused shared-services environment.
- Manages financial projects.
- Continually monitors company performance with the operating plan.
- Provides reports and interprets the results of operations to all levels of management.
- Review, establish, and approve procedures and process improvements.
- Advise, consult and coordinate with key positions across all functions.
- Interact with auditors and other regulatory agencies as needed.
- Ad hoc special reports as required.
- Monitor performance against internal | external customer expectations.
- Work with functional managers to review staff productivity
- Ensures staff is responsive to both internal and external customers and provides excellent customer service.
- Lead development of tools and processes to continually improve the analytical capabilities and measurement processes across the company with the goal of creating an environment where the majority of time is spent in analysis versus data gathering.
- Support Lean initiatives and activities across business with financial tools, analysis and measurement capabilities.
- Direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action, performance reviews, team development, and employee engagement.
- Responsibility for planning, monitoring and managing budgets for multiple field locations and functional departments.
- Decisions have significant, broad implications across the company.
- Establishes priorities, develops policies and allocates resources.
- Drives the planning, budgeting, forecasting, and goal setting processes.
- Establishes and communicates organizational goals.
- Maintains awareness of relevant executive, operational, financial, and functional support needed to support the business.
- Develops performance measurement standards; performs analytical reviews.
- Conducts training programs for department employees. Coaching related to business strategy, professional development, analytics, and use of software to ensure team performance is optimized.
- Any other duty, task or responsibility as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance (minimum)
- Master’s Degree (preferred)
- Minimum 8 years’ experience with increasing responsibility of management positions within Finance/Accounting areas
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as Manager and/or Director FP&A
- Must have standard, advanced, or expert skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other Business Intelligence applications
- Experience with large-company ERP systems. (Preference would be with Hyperion, JD Edwards & Oracle)
- Ability to take complex data and synthesize it in the context of budgeting, forecasting, and ad hoc analysis. Prepare and communicate accurate analytical reports with objectivity and clarity; verifies and validates source data. Provides risk and opportunity commentary for projections regarding financial performance and conditions.
- Operational/Industry Perspective – Recognizes and incorporates potential financial impacts of operations and strategy on budgets, forecasts, and plans. Incorporates relevant industry/market information into budgets, forecasts and plans. Conversant in industry dynamics and product offerings
- Legal and Regulatory Perspective – Able to understand and be conversant in relevant legal, regulatory and compliance issues related to functional area. Knows when to involve legal, regulatory and compliance experts within the organization in order to evaluate and resolve matters.
Work is performed in a typical office environment and may require standing, bending, lifting of boxes or packages under 10 lbs., and sitting for long periods of time.
Benefits: We promote an environment that offers a challenge, creates opportunities, fosters enthusiasm, maximizes full potential and rewards talent. We realize our employees are our most valued resource which is why we offer a variety of benefits including competitive compensation, comprehensive health, dental, vision coverage, paid holidays, paid time off, 401 (k) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program services, flexible spending account (FSA), life insurance, short term and long term disability, discounted gym membership and a host of other discounts. Our goal is to promote a healthy work/life balance.
**TopBuild is an Equal Opportunity Employer**
EOE Protected Veterans/Disability
Please visit our website at www.topbuild.com