Electronics Repair Technician- GA
Primary duties will include but not limited to repair and / or calibration of Industrial Controls, (i.e. industrial grade PCBs, timers, counters, PLCs, drives, monitors and temperature & process controls.) Experience in servo and/or robotics industry a plus). Additionally, Test functionality of each unit repaired. Order parts as necessary for each unit processed. Update tracking notes in the computer system reflecting the steps take to repair each unit. Technicians will be required to perform repairs of units down to component level, using good soldering and troubleshooting skills. Use of test equipment (oscilloscope, multi-meter, function generator) and test fixtures to insure complete and proper repair of the each unit is paramount. Must be able to work in a team environment and be computer literate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Technicians will be required to perform good soldering and troubleshooting skill down to component level, and the use of troubleshooting test equipment (Oscilloscope, Multi-meter, and Function Generator). Must be able to work in a team environment and be computer literate.
- (90%) Bench level electronic and electro-mechanical repair tasks using industry standard trouble shooting, repair and soldering skills.
- (10%) Documentation of actions taken on each item and communication of completions, obstacles and concerns.
- Verifying Part Numbers on All Units Processed
- Inspection, Cleaning and Testing of all Units
- Isolate Unit Failures
- Performing Repair of All Units
- Proper use of Shop Assets and Test Fixtures
- Power and Diagnostic Testing of All Units
- Support Quality Methods, Processes and Procedures
- Support and Improve Quality of Final Product
- Support Development of Capabilities
- Processing of Pre-evaluation Units to ‘RTS’ Ready to Sell condition
- Proper Handling and Labeling on All Units
- Effective Time Management and Prioritization of Work
- Proper use of IT systems
- Provide your own Hand/Power tools
- May be modified from time to time. Other duties, tasks and work may be assigned.
- Must understand the repair of Industrial Controls cycle; ability to understand the Radwell International repair of Industrial Controls cycle
- Strong technical skills; ability to learn and understand Radwell repair of Industrial Controls processes and procedures
- Required to bring your own tools as specified by the hiring manager
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Strong Computer proficiency
- Being able to multi-task
- Ability to work at fast pace
- Ability to work independently
- Detail oriented
- Must possess good troubleshooting abilities
- Demonstrated good soldering skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Good communication skills
- Occasional reaching/working overhead, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling
- Frequent walking
- Continuous standing and repetitive hand motion
- Lifting requirements include occasional lifting up to 50 pounds, frequent lifting of up to 25 pounds and continuous lifting of up to 10 pounds
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma and Technical School Certification required (related field)
- One to Three years related experience and/or training
- Technical or Industrial product knowledge a plus
This position is located at 2780 Peterson Place, Norcross, GA. View the Google Map in full screen.