CNC Controls Repair Technician
Monday through Friday 8am-5pm
The primary duties of this position are to troubleshoot and repair CNC Machine Tool Components including HMI Displays, PLC Controls, Servo and Spindle Drives
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Troubleshoot repair and calibration of Industrial CNC (Computerized Numerical Control) Machine Tools, Industrial grade Drives, Machine Tool Amplifiers, PCBs, Teach Pendants Monitors, Electrical and PLC Control Systems. (Experience in servo and/or robotics industry a plus).
- Perform repairs of units down to component level using good soldering and troubleshooting skills.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repair as required In House Test Assets
- Operate newly repaired machinery and equipment to verify the adequacy of repairs
- Use of test equipment (oscilloscope, multi-meter, function generator) and test fixtures to insure complete and proper repair of the each unit is paramount.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and be computer literate.
- Ability to comprehend and demonstrate mechanical assembly and troubleshooting techniques
- Ability to perform manual assembly of basic machine components and or subassemblies
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and electrical schematics
- (90%) Bench level electronic and electro-mechanical repair tasks using industry standard trouble shooting, repair and soldering skills.
- (10%) Documentation of actions taken on each item and communication of completions, obstacles and concerns.
May be modified from time to time. Other duties, tasks and work may be assigned.
Production Level Metrics
- Minimum number of jobs and dollars completed based on Level
- Warranty rate < 5% required per ISO certification
Not applicable. This position has no direct reports
- Minimum of 2 years experience with CNC controls performing repairs and preventative maintenance
- Must understand the repair of Industrial Controls cycle; ability to understand the Radwell International repair of Industrial Controls cycle
- Strong technical skills; ability to learn and understand Radwell repair of Industrial Controls processes and procedures
- You are required to provide your own tools as specified by your Supervisor
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Strong Computer proficiency
- Being able to multi-task
- Ability to work at fast pace
- Ability to work independently
- Detail oriented
- Must possess good troubleshooting abilities
- Demonstrated good soldering skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Good communication skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· High School Diploma and Technical School Certification required (related field)
- One to Three years related experience and/or training
- Technical or Industrial product knowledge a plus
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Technical School Certification (related field)
- Occasional reaching/working overhead, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling
- Frequent walking
- Continuous standing and repetitive hand motion
- Lifting requirements include occasional lifting up to 50 pounds, frequent lifting of up to 25 pounds and continuous lifting of up to 10 pounds
Eligible for commission after successful completion of introductory 90 days.
EMPLOYEE EVALUATION SUMMARY
Employee will be evaluated on quantitative productivity levels regarding amount of repairs that result from actions, number of items processed/followed-up and related activity. In addition to regular coaching, employee will receive the following written evaluations:
- Introductory Review -- Will be written at approximately 80 days after employment and will be used to determine whether employee has sufficiently met and performed the job requirements, and will indicate whether employment will continue
- Monthly Reviews – Employee will be given a brief written monthly review primarily focused on quantitative performance and measurement of activity
- Annual Reviews – Employee will be given a formal regular annual review which assesses productivity and demonstrated business skills and accomplishments for the previous period.
This position is located in Arlington, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.