Data Analyst III - VHA Data
Qlarant is a not-for-profit corporation that partners with public and private sectors to create high quality, safe, and efficient delivery of health care and human services programs. We have multiple lines of business including population health, utilization review, managed care organization quality review, and quality assurance for programs serving individuals with developmental disabilities. Qlarant is also a national leader in fighting fraud, waste and abuse for large organizations across the country. In addition, our Foundation provides grant opportunities to those with programs for under-served communities.
Qlarant has an exciting opportunity for Data Analysts seeking to utilize their Veterans Health Administration (VHA) data experience. Qualified applicants must have experience working with VHA data and live in the DC metro area. This is not an immediate opening and is contingent upon contract approval. While a home-based position, you must be able to travel to DC or other locations when required. This is a full-time regular position that offers a collaborative and inclusive work environment, opportunities for advancement, excellent benefits, a generous leave program and a retirement plan that features an employer contribution equal to 10% of your annual earnings.
The Data Analyst III performs study design, data analysis, and report preparation. Studies originate from preliminary data analysis (trends), literature review, experience and expertise of the team, and mandated projects. Data analysis, including data preparation and presentation of findings is performed in conjunction with other analysts. Reports are drafted by teams with leadership of Scientists.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Trend data to identify potential opportunities (e.g., variances, significant outliers, percentile ranked groups) for quality improvement or focused investigations.
- Aid in design data analysis strategies to identify potential areas for quality improvement or focused investigation.
- Analyze data, draw conclusions, and summarize into quality indicator values
- Develop tabular and graphical presentations of data, which clearly and concisely illustrate current levels of care.
- Populate tabular and graphical presentation of data.
- Contribute to the development of interventions (i.e., develop educational materials for doctors and nurses) which will improve healthcare processes and outcomes.
- Facilitate design re-measurement strategies (after intervention) of healthcare processes and outcomes to effectively quantify impact of interventions for improvement.
- Analyze re-measurement data and summarize into quality indicator values.
- Support development of reports concerning all of the above.
- May mentor junior Data Analysts in technical aspects of their work.
- Assist in preparing findings for publishing in peer reviewed journals.
- Familiar with commonly used concepts, practices and procedures, relying on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Judgment- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
Other Skills and Abilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have fluency in SAS, Python, R and/or SQL and MS Office.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Must possess familiarity with statistical and epidemiological methodologies, and automation techniques for analytic tasks.
- Ability to work with highly sensitive information while preserving the confidentiality of the information.
- Working knowledge of healthcare systems, Medicare/Medicaid preferred, healthcare databases and coding systems.
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) in Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Public Health or related discipline (e.g., Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science) required.
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on SAS, Python, R and/or SQL or demonstrated combination of education and experience.
- Verifiable work experience with VHA data is required.
Qlarant is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.