Administrative Assistant / Operations Coordinator
Qlarant, Inc., is a not-for-profit corporation that partners with public and private sectors to create high quality, safe, and efficient delivery of health care and human services programs. We're a national leader in fighting fraud, waste and abuse for large organizations across the country.
Are you an experienced administrative assistant recognized for your attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of people? Do you have exceptional technical abilities to include proficiency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Sharepoint and related applications? Do you approach your work with a sense of urgency and a desire to see it through to a timely completion? If yes, we've got the perfect opportunity for you!
As an Operations Coordinator at Qlarant, you'll support our efforts to make a positive difference in the future of the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Our Unified Program Integrity Contractors (UPIC) team team identifies and investigates fraud, waste and abuse in the Medicare and Medicaid programs covering 16 Western states and territories. This position will be based in our Easton, MD headquarters.
The Operations Coordinator’s duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Liaison to CMS and other governmental entities to obtain/provide information, identify issues and assists with timely responses to inquiries regarding contract.
- Responds to client inquiries via written or oral communications.
- Ensures contract compliance by monitoring deliverables, contract requirements, and communicating Medicare change requests.
- Works with other business units to ensure the effective coordination of objectives/deliverables, establish permissions in systems, perform quality review of deliverables to ensure compliance in accordance with applicable regulations within the scope of work, managing activities, and facilitating project by setting priorities.
- Coordinate and manage the transition of workloads, and serve as the interface with other entities.
- Contractor Administrator for CMSARTs system.
- Writes reports, prepares presentations, and ensures the timely approval by Program Director of deliverables.
- Provides training and technical advice to team members.
- Coordinates new CMS User ID set ups and background verifications.
- Works with Quality Director/Officer on ISO initiatives to improve operational systems, processes and policies to improve information flow, management reporting, business process and organizational planning.
- Facilitates project logistics such as meetings, conference rooms, conference calls, etc.
- Participates and/or leads internal/external committees as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Computer Applications - Intermediate or better skills with Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel and Outlook.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED required, Associates or Bachelor's Degree in business or similar field preferred;
- Demonstrated progressively responsible experience in an administrative position; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. This is not an entry level administrative position.
- Ability to demonstrate at least intermediate level expertise in Microsoft Office products. Experience with Sharepoint, Accellion and Kiteworks a plus.
- Prior experience working on government contracts preferred.
- Working knowledge of Medicare and/or Medicaid protocols for Fraud and Abuse investigations preferred.