Data Analyst II - Entry Level - Dallas
Qlarant is a not-for-profit corporation that partners with public and private sectors to create high quality, safe, and efficient delivery of health care and human services programs. We have multiple lines of business including population health, utilization review, managed care organization quality review, and quality assurance for programs serving individuals with developmental disabilities. Qlarant is also a national leader in fighting fraud, waste and abuse for large organizations across the country. In addition, our Foundation provides grant opportunities to those with programs for under-served communities.
Qlarant has an exciting data analytics position that would be perfect for candidates interested in a career working with healthcare data while making a positive difference in the future of our nation's Medicare and Medicaid programs.
This is a full-time hourly position based in our Dallas office. Well qualified candidates possess strong analytical skills, a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field and experience using SAS and SQL in academic projects, internships and/or work experience. Qlarant offers an excellent benefits package that includes tuition reimbursement and generous leave programs. In addition, we offer a collaborative work environment and opportunities for growth and advancement.
The Data Analyst II contributes to teams performing study design, data analysis, data modeling, documentation, and report preparation. Data analysis, including data preparation and presentation of findings, is performed in conjunction with other analysts. Reports are drafted by teams with leadership of Data Analytics Managers or Scientists. Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Trends data to identify potential opportunities (e.g., variances, significant outliers, percentile ranked groups).
- Works with team to design data analysis strategies to identify potential areas for a focused investigation.
- Analyze data, draw conclusions, and summarize.
- Develop tabular and graphical presentations of data.
- Depending upon the project, assists with statistical analysis or predictive modeling to detect aberrancies and fraud.
- Familiar with commonly used concepts, practices and procedures, relying on instructions, pre-established guidelines and mentor’s input to perform the functions of the job.
- Format and/or modify reports applying some complex functions of spreadsheet software.
- Analytical- Collects and researches data,
- Problem Solving- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Judgment- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Teamwork – Able to work professionally and productively as a member of a team to accomplish assignments.
- Communication – Effectively communicates orally and in writing.
- Language Skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Computer Skills
- Proficiency with the use of personal computers and the Internet.
- Advanced proficiency with spreadsheet software.
- Familiarity with database software and data management is preferred.
- Completed coursework in SAS or other statistical programming software and demonstrate knowledge of the basic concepts of the software strongly preferred.
- Intermediate MS Office skills.
- Other Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity with statistical methodologies and automation techniques for analytic tasks.
- Ability to work with highly sensitive information while preserving the confidentiality of the information.
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) in Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Public Health or related discipline (e.g., Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science) required.
- Coursework, internships and/or work experience involving the use of SAS, SQL, or other statistical programming is strongly preferred.
Qlarant, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.