Qlarant is a not-for-profit corporation that partners with public and private sectors to create high quality, safe, and efficient delivery of health care and human services programs. We have multiple lines of business including population health, utilization review, managed care organization quality review, and quality assurance for programs serving individuals with developmental disabilities. Qlarant is also a national leader in fighting fraud, waste and abuse for large organizations across the country. In addition, our Foundation provides grant opportunities to those with programs for underserved communities.
Qlarant's Dallas office has an immediate opening for an administrative / clerical support (Project Support II) position. Qualified candidates will possess strong clerical and organization skills, attention to detail and a sense of urgency. In this role, you'll support our Dallas-based Unified Program Integrity Contractors (UPIC) team that identifies and investigates fraud, waste and abuse in the Medicare and Medicaid programs covering 7 Southwestern states.
Please note: This general clerical position with a hiring wage of $16.75/hour and an excellent benefits package.
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for the processing, entry and distribution of correspondence for various contracts in accordance with well-established policies, procedures and techniques by performing all or some of the following duties. The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Processes daily mail, copy, fax and/or medical records request.
- Prepares and/or process folders, files, and maintains medical records.
- Locates, signs out, and delivers medical records requested.
- Operate computer to enter and retrieve data and type correspondence and reports.
- Operates office equipment.
- Maintains database files.
- Provides reception services by greeting guests via phone and registering guests in-person.
- Interact with customers on-site and by phone and identify issues that should be referred for
- Enters data into various databases.
- Cross-trains to provide coverage in all unit functions.
- Seeks assistance as needed.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Teamwork- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Interpersonal Skills- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things; Listens and gets clarification.
- Professionalism- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality Management- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Project Management– Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time.
- Oral Communication- Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens for clarification; Responds to questions; Communicates changes effectively.
- Written Communication- Able to read and interpret written information.
- Computer- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Outlook and Excel.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Minimum 2 years general clerical experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Medical terminology or experience in healthcare preferred.
- Verifiable competence in the use of Microsoft Office products to include: Word, Excel and Outlook.
Qlarant is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.