Data Analyst - Healthcare - Home Based
Qlarant is a not-for-profit corporation that partners with public and private sectors to create high quality, safe, and efficient delivery of health care and human services programs. We have multiple lines of business including population health, utilization review, managed care organization quality review, and quality assurance for programs serving individuals with developmental disabilities. Qlarant is also a national leader in fighting fraud, waste and abuse for large organizations across the country.
Qlarant has an opening on its Plan Program Integrity Medicare Drug Integrity Contractor (PPI MEDIC) team for a Healthcare Data Analyst that's perfect for a candidate with strong analytical, SAS and SQL skills. Qualified candidates could possess a Bachelor's degree and 2 years of work experience or a Master's degree and academic project experience. This position can be home or office based.
In this role you will be a part of a dedicated and talented data analytics team focused on making a positive difference in the future of the Medicare Parts C and D programs. The PPI MEDIC supports the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid’s fraud, waste and abuse monitoring efforts in the Medicare Parts C and D programs by conducting proactive and reactive data analysis, identifying and recovering inappropriate payments, and identifying potential program vulnerabilities. The primary goal of the PPI MEDIC is to analyze Parts C and Part D data, conduct audits of plans, provide outreach and education to plan sponsors, and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements of Medicare Parts C and D.
This is an entry level professional position that performs study design, data analysis, and report preparation. Studies originate from preliminary data analysis (trends), literature review, experience and expertise of the team, and mandated projects. Data analysis, including data preparation and presentation of findings is performed in conjunction with other analysts. Reports are drafted by teams with leadership of Scientists.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Trend data to identify potential opportunities (e.g., variances, significant outliers, percentile ranked groups) for quality improvement or focused investigations.
- Aid in design data analysis strategies to identify potential areas for quality improvement or focused investigation.
- Analyze data, draw conclusions, and summarize into quality indicator values
- Develop tabular and graphical presentations of data, which clearly and concisely illustrate current levels of care.
- Populate tabular and graphical presentation of data.
- Contribute to the development of interventions (i.e., develop educational materials for doctors and nurses) which will improve healthcare processes and outcomes.
- Facilitate design re-measurement strategies (after intervention) of healthcare processes and outcomes to effectively quantify impact of interventions for improvement.
- Analyze re-measurement data and summarize into quality indicator values.
- Support development of reports concerning all of the above.
- May mentor junior Data Analysts in technical aspects of their work.
- Assist in preparing findings for publishing in peer reviewed journals.
- Familiar with commonly used concepts, practices and procedures, relying on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
Other Skills and Abilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have fluency in SAS or other statistical programming software and MS Office.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Must possess familiarity with statistical and epidemiological methodologies, and automation techniques for analytic tasks.
- Ability to work with highly sensitive information while preserving the confidentiality of the information.
- Working knowledge of healthcare systems, Medicare/Medicaid preferred, healthcare databases and coding systems.
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) in Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Public Health or related discipline (e.g., Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science) required.
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on SAS or other statistical programming work experience, or demonstrated combination of education and experience (Master's Degree + academic projects).
- 6 months experience with health related analytic research and quality improvement methodology (ISO, CQI, TQM, Six Sigma, Lean, Etc.) preferred.
Qlarant is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.