Home Health Aide, PRN
Certified Nursing Assistant / Home Health Aide --> Home Health Aide
A Home Health Aide ( HHA ):
- Provides direct patient care to patient under direction of the RN and according to the Aide Plan of Care (POC).
- Correctly assists the patient with self-administered medications by opening bottle caps for the patient, reading medication labels to the patient, checking the dose being self-administered against the prescribed dose on the container label and observing the patient takes the medication
- Consistently takes accurate temperature, pulse and blood pressure measurements and recognizes and reports abnormal results to supervisor
- Helps patient maintain good personal hygiene by performing or supervising bathing, grooming, skin care, shaving, oral care, nail/foot care and other activities
- Assists in feeding patients. Is able to communicate basic principles of nutrition, observe and record food and fluid intake when necessary. Safely positions patient for meals and feeds or assists in self feeding
- Assists with patient toileting including use of bed pan/urinal, change and position catheter bags and bag change procedures on well-regulated ostomies
- Provides necessary skills to safely assist the patient with patient mobility, exercises, positioning/turning, transfers and ambulation per Plan of Care and Kindred at Home policy
- Provides necessary skills to appropriately report changes and document pertinent information and care rendered to patient to ensure continuity of care. Documents interactions with patients, caregivers, doctors and other staff members appropriately, legibly, thoroughly and in the amount of time allowed
- Practice acceptable infection control principles. Provide a clean, safe and comfortable environment
- Willingly assists with other household duties including light laundry, bed changing and bed making, light meal preparation, light housekeeping and shopping (if no other assistance is available and an MD order is present).
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of Certified Nursing Assistant or Certified Home Health Aide Program within the last 24 months
- Must meet applicable state certification requirements
- Must be in good standing on the HHA Registry (if applicable) and have completed HHA/CNA course to work for a Medicare certified agency.
- At least one year experience in the last 24 months as a Home Health Aide or Certified Nursing Assistant in a hospital, nursing home, home health/hospice agency.
- This role requires full COVID-19 vaccination
Together, we can raise the bar on home healthcare
Kindred at Home, soon becoming CenterWell™ Home Health, is one of the nation’s leading providers of home care, with an incredible team of compassionate clinicians who deliver high-quality, specialty care to patients. Many of our clinicians live in the same neighborhoods they serve – providing the much-needed care to people in their community.
As a company, we strive to lead by example and show employees the same compassion and care we expect them to show patients. We provide employees the resources, stability and job flexibility they truly deserve. We help them fulfill their personal and professional goals while enjoying industry-leading benefits, competitive salaries, opportunities for career and professional growth, and a healthy work/life balance.
Part of Humana’s Home Solution business
Kindred at Home, soon becoming CenterWell Home Health, cares for nearly 80,000 patients every day in over 350 locations, across 38 states. As part of Humana Inc., we create experiences that put patients at the center, working in collaboration with healthcare providers to bring multidisciplinary care directly to the comfort and safety of home. The result is easy, comprehensive and personalized care that helps patients lead healthier, happier lives.
Caring for people who care for our patients
Experience has shown us that supporting and nurturing employees helps them become the best version of themselves and more compassionate, committed home health professionals. That’s why CenterWell Home Health never stops working to improve the employee experience. Our people are our greatest resource, and we are committed to creating an environment they enjoy stepping into every day.
World-class employee benefits
- Competitive pay and benefits package
- 50% matching 401(k) contributions up to 6%
- Career advancement opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Advanced Continuing Education (CE) accredited training
Join Our Team!
Check out our video to get a glimpse of a day in the life of our Home Health team - Home Health
To learn more, please apply online. Our Recruiters are ready to help you start a new and rewarding career with Kindred at Home.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
This position is located at 248 SW Range Ave, Madison, FL. View the Google Map in full screen.