Physical Therapist Assistant, Home Health Full Time
Therapy / Rehab --> Physical Therapist Assistant
As a Home Health Physical Therapist Assistant, you will:
- Administer the physical therapy treatment plan as developed by the Physical Therapist.
- Administer non-complex active and passive manual therapeutic exercises, therapeutic massage, traction heat, light, cold, water, and electrical modalities to patients.
- Accurately documents daily, weekly, or monthly records of clients’. Submits clinical paperwork to the office on time each week.
- Attend educational meetings and coordinates and contributes to department in-services.
- Notify physical therapist or Executive Director of any equipment failures, lack of supplies, staff or client changes, and any other departmental
- Schedule clients and performs varied office tasks.
- Apply concepts of infection control and universal precautions in performing patient care activities.
- Accept clinical assignments that are consistent with education and competence to care for patients.
- Promote compliance with all fiscal intermediaries and/or other third-party payors, through education, coaching, and other assistance as necessary.
- Associate degree in Physical Therapy from an American Physical Therapy Association.
- Current state license to practice Physical Therapy.
- Current driver’s license. Must have reliable transportation and insurance.
- Proof of current CPR certification.
- Minimum two years experience as a Physical Therapy Assistant,
- Comprehensive knowledge of the physical, emotional, social, and biological changes that occur in the geriatric population.
- Self-directed, enthusiastic, and accepts constructive feedback.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication and organization skills.
- Communicates and demonstrates a professional image/attitude for patients, families, clients, coworkers, and others.
- Meets mandatory continuing education requirements of Kindred at Home and licensing board. Maintains clinical competency in Physical Therapy practice and theory.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and travel locally.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Maintains current licensure certifications and meets mandatory continuing education requirements.
- Must read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Must have good and regular attendance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- This role requires full COVID-19 vaccination.
Together, we can raise the bar on home healthcare
Kindred at Home, soon becoming CenterWell™ Home Health, is one of the nation’s leading providers of home care, with an incredible team of compassionate clinicians who deliver high-quality, specialty care to patients. Many of our clinicians live in the same neighborhoods they serve – providing the much-needed care to people in their community.
As a company, we strive to lead by example and show employees the same compassion and care we expect them to show patients. We provide employees the resources, stability and job flexibility they truly deserve. We help them fulfill their personal and professional goals while enjoying industry-leading benefits, competitive salaries, opportunities for career and professional growth, and a healthy work/life balance.
Part of Humana’s Home Solution business
Kindred at Home, soon becoming CenterWell Home Health, cares for nearly 80,000 patients every day in over 350 locations, across 38 states. As part of Humana Inc., we create experiences that put patients at the center, working in collaboration with healthcare providers to bring multidisciplinary care directly to the comfort and safety of home. The result is easy, comprehensive and personalized care that helps patients lead healthier, happier lives.
Caring for people who care for our patients
Experience has shown us that supporting and nurturing employees helps them become the best version of themselves and more compassionate, committed home health professionals. That’s why CenterWell Home Health never stops working to improve the employee experience. Our people are our greatest resource, and we are committed to creating an environment they enjoy stepping into every day.
World-class employee benefits
- Competitive pay and benefits package
- 50% matching 401(k) contributions up to 6%
- Career advancement opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Advanced Continuing Education (CE) accredited training
Join Our Team!
Check out our video to get a glimpse of a day in the life of our Home Health team - Home Health
To learn more, please contact your local recruiter at (toll free) 855-KND-AT-HOME or apply online. Our Recruiters are ready to help you start a new and rewarding career with Kindred at Home.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
This position is located at 216 MYSTIC BLVD., SUITE H, Houma, LA. View the Google Map in full screen.