Medical Records Specialist Home Health Full Time
Administrative and Clerical
Our Care Matters.
When you join the Kindred at Home team, you become part of something bigger. We are the nation’s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services. Our team delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing, rehabilitation, hospice and palliative care. Now more than ever, people in your community need in-home healthcare. Our team helps to keep them safely at home, during moments that matter most to them. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
Our Employees Matter.
We believe a world-class patient experience is enabled by an exceptional employee experience. And, committed to fostering an amazing employee experience at Kindred at Home. Our people are our greatest resource and asset, and we are committed to helping our employees thrive and fulfill their personal and professional goals.
- Competitive pay and 401k
- Healthy Steps Wellness
- Healthcare Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Centers of Excellence Program
- Educational Assistance
- Clinical ladder for professional credentialing and advancement
- Leadership development
- Talent focused Framework
- Targeted personal and career development planning
The primary function of the Medical Records Specialist is to provide clerical support for the Medical Records department.
- Prepare patient assessment packets, including admission, re-certification and post hospital packets.
- Process signed and unsigned orders and 485s.
- Follow up on the Order Tracking Report weekly and according to Order Reprocess unsigned orders at end of episode as task appears on action screen.
- Date stamp all received documents, except SOC paperwork and paper visit notes, to be scanned into the client Scanning should be completed within 24 hours of stamp date.
- Fax the discharge / transfer summary / episode detail summary and Case Conference / 60 Day summary to the physician as task appears on the action screen.
- Copy documentation and assist with ADR preparation.
- Update HCHB and computer programs as appropriate.
- During Stage 4, support the Billing team by verifying paper visit notes.
- Adhere to and participate in Agency’s mandatory HIPAA / Privacy Program and Employee Compliance Program.
- Read and adhere to all Agency Policies and Procedures and follow Employee Handbook Guidelines.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent, typing, clerical skills, and be competent with computers.
- Must possess a minimum of two years’ experience in the health care industry and one year experience in home health.
- Six months medical records experience in a clinic, hospital, or home health setting (preferred).
- Must understand the issues related to the delivery of home health services and be able to problem solve effectively.
- Must possess knowledge of Medicare guidelines governing home health agencies.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills and be able to communicate well with referral sources, patients, family members, and agency employees.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and possess effective communication skills both orally and in writing
- The ability to communicate with a diversity of individuals is required
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license and automobile liability insurance.
- This role requires full COVID-19 vaccination
Join Our Team!
Check out our video to get a glimpse of a day in the life of our Home Health team - Home Health
To learn more, please apply online. Our Recruiters are ready to help you start a new and rewarding career with Kindred at Home.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
This position is located at 2521 Evans Street, Newberry, SC. View the Google Map in full screen.