Home Health Care Transitions Liaison
Sales and Sales Management
Our Care Matters.
When you join the Kindred at Home team, you become part of something bigger. We are the nation’s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services. Our team delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing, rehabilitation, hospice and palliative care. Now more than ever, people in your community need in-home healthcare. Our team helps to keep them safely at home, during moments that matter most to them. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
Our Employees Matter.
We believe a world-class patient experience is enabled by an exceptional employee experience. And, committed to fostering an amazing employee experience at Kindred at Home. Our people are our greatest resource and asset, and we are committed to helping our employees thrive and fulfill their personal and professional goals.
- Competitive pay and 401k
- Healthy Steps Wellness
- Healthcare Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Centers of Excellence Program
- Educational Assistance
- Clinical ladder for professional credentialing and advancement
- Leadership development
- Talent focused Framework
- Targeted personal and career development planning
The Care Transition Liaison manages an assigned, limited number of key facility and/or physician accounts providing ongoing information on Company services, specialty and product offerings, and oversight of care transition to the home or other residential setting. Upon receipt of a referral, determines patient’s eligibility/need for homecare, coordinates care plan development, and assists branch operations in clinical coordination and communication with referral sources. Works under general direction.
- Develops/maintains contact with key physicians, hospital, skilled nursing or rehabilitation facility discharge planning services, and/or management to provide ongoing updates on Company’s home healthcare service, specialty, and/or product offerings available in a market. Promotes exemplary customer service to physicians, facility personnel, patient, and patient family at all times.
- Primarily conducts pre-discharge facility visits at the physicians' request to determine the need/eligibility for home care.
- Ensures effective communication and collaboration with branch staff and field sales resources via weekly meetings. Actively participates in weekly branch sales/operation meeting, bringing relative data, reports for review as well as information regarding changes within accounts and referral sources.
- Assist branch in timely processing of physician orders.
- Informs hospital personnel, patient and/or patient family of case acceptance and documents all demographic, clinical, payer and other information as required on company-approved forms to support diagnosis and home healthcare orders.
- Provides input to care plan development and informs the Company location clinical staff (e.g. Intake Specialist, Director Clinical Management, and/or Manager Clinical Practice) of patient’s acceptance, and ensures that patient’s needs are appropriately matched.
- Works collaboratively with Hospice Division counterparts as applicable, representing the Company’s comprehensive home health and hospice deliverables.
- Abides by all operational compliance with internal controls and reporting.
- Provides education and/or continuing education programs for referral sources within guidelines of company policy. Utilizes appropriate company resources to maintain and develop business Maintains market awareness and prepares competitive updates.
- Works with field sales positions, specialty directors, and others to prioritize accounts in accordance with the market/territory sales plans ensuring effective maintenance, business development, and territory management of assigned
- Maintains assigned referral source roster and territory management system records.
- Actively participates with the branch in the development of business and market growth plans.
- Maintains positive relationships with referral sources and community organizations, facilitates communication between referral sources, client and family populations, and attends professional organization meetings.
- Participates in special projects, quarterly Blitz events, specialty program launches, and performs other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to and participates in Company’s mandatory HIPAA privacy program/practices, Business Ethics and Compliance programs/practices, and all Company policies and procedures.
- Reviews and adheres to all Company policies and procedures and the Employee Handbook.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred.
- Registered Nurse Licensure required in the state of practice plus a minimum of three years clinical experience.
- Licensed Practical/ Vocational nurses should also have three years of clinical experience.
- Strong knowledge of home health regulations,
- Medicare requirements and care coordination skills required.
- Excellent customer service, organization, time-management, problem-solving and communication skills required.
- Demonstrates the ability to work dependently.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required.
- Ability to appropriately represent Company service capabilities to the patients, family and referral source audience.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Join Our Team!
Check out our video to get a glimpse of a day in the life of our Home Health team - Home Health
To learn more, please apply online. Our Recruiters are ready to help you start a new and rewarding career with Kindred at Home.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
This position is located at 7113 THREE CHOPT ROAD, STE 201, Richmond, VA. View the Google Map in full screen.