Physical Therapist Assistant, Home Health Full Time
Therapy / Rehab --> Physical Therapist Assistant
Our Care Matters.
When you join the Kindred at Home team, you become part of something bigger. We are the nation’s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services. Our team delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing, rehabilitation, hospice and palliative care. Now more than ever, people in your community need in-home healthcare. Our team helps to keep them safely at home, during moments that matter most to them. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
Our Employees Matter.
We believe a world-class patient experience is enabled by an exceptional employee experience. And, committed to fostering an amazing employee experience at Kindred at Home. Our people are our greatest resource and asset, and we are committed to helping our employees thrive and fulfill their personal and professional goals.
- Competitive pay and 401k
- Healthy Steps Wellness
- Healthcare Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Centers of Excellence Program
- Educational Assistance
- Clinical ladder for professional credentialing and advancement
- Leadership development
- Talent focused Framework
- Targeted personal and career development planning
As a Home Health Physical Therapist Assistant, you will:
- Administer the physical therapy treatment plan as developed by the Physical Therapist.
- Administer non-complex active and passive manual therapeutic exercises, therapeutic massage, traction heat, light, cold, water, and electrical modalities to patients.
- Accurately documents daily, weekly, or monthly records of clients’. Submits clinical paperwork to the office on time each week.
- Attend educational meetings and coordinates and contributes to department in-services.
- Notify physical therapist or Executive Director of any equipment failures, lack of supplies, staff or client changes, and any other departmental
- Schedule clients and performs varied office tasks.
- Apply concepts of infection control and universal precautions in performing patient care activities.
- Accept clinical assignments that are consistent with education and competence to care for patients.
- Promote compliance with all fiscal intermediaries and/or other third-party payors, through education, coaching, and other assistance as necessary.
- Associate degree in Physical Therapy from an American Physical Therapy Association.
- Current state license to practice Physical Therapy.
- Current driver’s license. Must have reliable transportation and insurance.
- Proof of current CPR certification.
- Minimum two years experience as a Physical Therapy Assistant,
- Comprehensive knowledge of the physical, emotional, social, and biological changes that occur in the geriatric population.
- Self-directed, enthusiastic, and accepts constructive feedback.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication and organization skills.
- Communicates and demonstrates a professional image/attitude for patients, families, clients, coworkers, and others.
- Meets mandatory continuing education requirements of Kindred at Home and licensing board. Maintains clinical competency in Physical Therapy practice and theory.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and travel locally.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Maintains current licensure certifications and meets mandatory continuing education requirements.
- Must read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Must have good and regular attendance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- This role requires full COVID-19 vaccination.
Join Our Team!
Check out our video to get a glimpse of a day in the life of our Home Health team - Home Health
To learn more, please contact your local recruiter at (toll free) 855-KND-AT-HOME or apply online. Our Recruiters are ready to help you start a new and rewarding career with Kindred at Home.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
This position is located at 210 Main Street, Old Saybrook, CT. View the Google Map in full screen.