Assistant Director Community Care
Home Health Ops Management - Single Site
Our Care Matters.
When you join the Kindred at Home team, you become part of something bigger. We are the nation’s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services. Our team delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing, rehabilitation, hospice and palliative care. Now more than ever, people in your community need in-home healthcare. Our team helps to keep them safely at home, during moments that matter most to them. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
Our Employees Matter.
We believe a world-class patient experience is enabled by an exceptional employee experience. And, committed to fostering an amazing employee experience at Kindred at Home. Our people are our greatest resource and asset, and we are committed to helping our employees thrive and fulfill their personal and professional goals.
- Competitive pay and 401k
- Healthy Steps Wellness
- Healthcare Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Centers of Excellence Program
- Educational Assistance
- Clinical ladder for professional credentialing and advancement
- Leadership development
- Talent focused Framework
- Targeted personal and career development planning
In the absence of the Director of Client Care, the Assistant Director of Client Care assumes the total overall responsibility to supervise entire staff, make appropriate decisions, and be accountable for the achievement of goals of the unit and the ability to make independent home visits, including performance of necessary tasks.
- Assists with the overall responsibility for running the unit efficiently and effectively.
- Assist with the keeping the unit in compliance with program standards.
- Develops and maintains an atmosphere within the unit which will enable the staff to operate most efficiently and effectively.
- Assist with the Supervision of recruitment effort of assigned staff.
- Assist with the responsibility for coverage of client care, so that care will be provided according to standards of funding source or licensure including 24 hours a day, 7 days week availability as authorized.
- Responsible for all information in the DADS Program Manuals and updates to maintain compliance with all state and federal laws.
- Assist with the responsibility for continuous record auditing in order to maintain record compliance for service control monitoring.
- Assist with the supervision and monitors staff in the delivery of quality services to the client.
- Assist with the responsibility for coordination with the case worker/service coordinator to plan for the client’s care.
- Assist with the responsibility for preparing summaries and reports in keeping with agency policies and procedures.
- Assist with the supervision of office operations.
- Assist with the Implementation and assist with the monitoring cost control measures to improve unit performance.
- Establishes rapport with referral services by making regular visits to case worker’s/service coordinator offices and other appropriate personnel in the local area.
- Participates in community relations activities.
- Assist with the responsibility for Risk Management Program in the unit.
- Attend meetings as requested by referral sources.
- Responds and works with client and family to resolve complaints.
- Performs duties of alternate Disaster Coordinator.
- Be a licensed physician, a registered nurse, licensed social worker, licensed therapist or licensed nursing home administrator with at least one year management or supervisory experience in a health related setting or
- Have at least a high school diploma or a general equivalency degree (GED) with at least two years of management or supervisory experience in a health related setting or
- If the agency is licensed to deliver personal assistance services only, have a high school diploma or a general equivalency degree (GED) and at least one year experience or training in caring for individuals with functional disabilities or
- Have completed two years of full time study at an accredited college or university in a health related field.
- Previous public health or home health experience preferred. Previous management experience preferred.
Join Our Team!
Check out our video to get a glimpse of a day in the life of our Home Health team - Home Health
To learn more, please apply online. Our Recruiters are ready to help you start a new and rewarding career with Kindred at Home.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
This position is located in Bellaire, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.