Accounts Payable Specialist
Corporate - Accounting, Finance, HR, IT, Marketing
Our Care Matters.
When you join the Kindred at Home team, you become part of something bigger. We are the nation’s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services. Our team delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing, rehabilitation, hospice and palliative care. Now more than ever, people in your community need in-home healthcare. Our team helps to keep them safely at home, during moments that matter most to them. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
Our Employees Matter.
We believe a world-class patient experience is enabled by an exceptional employee experience. And, committed to fostering an amazing employee experience at Kindred at Home. Our people are our greatest resource and asset, and we are committed to helping our employees thrive and fulfill their personal and professional goals.
- Competitive pay and 401k
- Healthy Steps Wellness
- Healthcare Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Centers of Excellence Program
- Educational Assistance
- Clinical ladder for professional credentialing and advancement
- Leadership development
- Talent focused Framework
- Targeted personal and career development planning
Under general supervision, the Accounts Payable Specialist ensures that all accounts are paid accurately and timely; and all invoices are posted to provide accurate management reports. Assist vendors, Support Center and facilities to effectively address payable inquiries. As well, this position will assist in the development of departmental training materials in coordination with department management and deliver ongoing departmental training.
- Validate invoices for proper GL coding, departmental allocation, and appropriate approval.
- Apply cost center and GL coding, per SAP chart of accounts, when allocation is not provided by the field.
- Process multiple types of invoices, including but not limited to: electronic expense reports, purchase orders, and capital expenditures, payments, EDI invoicing.
- Prepare import files to exact specifications to be processed by Electronic Data Interchange.
- Apply correct sales tax code for tax accrual, tax inclusion, or non-taxable item.
- Coordinate vendor setups including OIG/GSA screening, obtaining completed W9 submission, identifying 1099 reportable, and confirm completed Business Associate Agreement when necessary.
- Coordinate payment runs for multiple payment types and resolution of outstanding checks for reversal, reissue, or state escheatment. Schedule and coordinate off-cycle check runs as required.
- Support AP Help hotline and e-mailbox via delivery of excellent customer service to all lines of business.
- Process capital expenditure and project invoices and coordinate payment.
- Calculate monthly expense accruals.
- Deliver training to departmental staff. Assist in the development of training materials.
- Perform testing of SAP ERP and ancillary system enhancements as directed by supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor, Manager, or Director. Assist operations as needed in special projects.
- Associate degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance; or combined.
- 1+ years Accounts Payable, Accounting, or Finance experience or equivalent.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications. SAP is a plus.
- Ability to enter data accurately and quickly.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High level of professionalism, empathy, and courtesy.
- Professional written and verbal communication.
- Exceptional customer service skills and attitude.
- Comfortable working in a team environment or independently
- Ability to organize and prioritize work; and execute with little or no supervision.
- Ability to effectively communicate and deliver training to departmental staff.
- This role requires full COVID-19 vaccination.
Join Our Team!
Check out our video to get a glimpse of a day in the life of our Home Health team - Home Health
To learn more, please apply online. Our Recruiters are ready to help you start a new and rewarding career with Kindred at Home.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
This position is located at Medicare Accounting, Overland Park, KS. View the Google Map in full screen.