Branch Manager Community Care
Home Health Ops Management - Single Site
Our Care Matters.
When you join the Kindred at Home team, you become part of something bigger. We are the nation’s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services. Our team delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing, rehabilitation, hospice and palliative care. Now more than ever, people in your community need in-home healthcare. Our team helps to keep them safely at home, during moments that matter most to them. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
Our Employees Matter.
We believe a world-class patient experience is enabled by an exceptional employee experience. And, committed to fostering an amazing employee experience at Kindred at Home. Our people are our greatest resource and asset, and we are committed to helping our employees thrive and fulfill their personal and professional goals.
- Competitive pay and 401k
- Healthy Steps Wellness
- Healthcare Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Centers of Excellence Program
- Educational Assistance
- Clinical ladder for professional credentialing and advancement
- Leadership development
- Talent focused Framework
- Targeted personal and career development planning
As a Branch Director for our Community Care Branch, you will:
- Determine staffing needs for homemaker, personal care, advanced personal care, respite/companion services.
- Coordinate staff to ensure work assignments achieve operating requirements efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure formal performance evaluations for all employees including caregivers are completed annually.
- Participate in in-service development, preparation and training
- Investigate Worker’s Compensation claims and assist in report preparations as necessary.
- Conduct field and office meetings as needed to ensure adequate communications and education is given to the staff.
- Track and report information as required by supervisor and as specified by Corporate Compliance Department.
- Ensure quality control home visits are conducted as required.
- Monitor client files, service authorizations and timesheets to ensure compliance.
- Establish a good working relationship with caseworkers of the Division of Senior Services, with other Harden Companies and with Business Development Team.
- Monitor staff to ensure employees are in compliance with company policies and State Regulations.
- Monitor service delivery to ensure consistent, quality care is received by all clients.
- Participate in industry meetings, conferences and seminars as assigned.
- Ensure changes are reported to DHSS.
- Maintains confidentiality of all client information.
- Performs both administrative function and delivers services to clients.
- Be a registered nurse who is currently licensed
- Have at least a bachelor of science or bachelor of arts degree; or
- Be a licensed practical nurse who is currently licensed with at least one year of experience with the direct care of the elderly, disabled and infirm; or
- Have at least three years of experience with the direct care of the elderly, disabled and infirm.
- Must be organized and detailed oriented.
- Good computer skills.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Knowledge of home care industry and Division of Health and Senior Services programs, preferred.
- Previous Supervisory experience, preferred.
Join Our Team!
Check out our video to get a glimpse of a day in the life of our Home Health team - Home Health
To learn more, please apply online. Our Recruiters are ready to help you start a new and rewarding career with Kindred at Home.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
This position is located in Brownwood, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.