Occupational Therapist Assistant Home Health PRN
Therapy / Rehab --> Occupational Therapist Assistant
Our Care Matters.
When you join the Kindred at Home team, you become part of something bigger. We are the nation’s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services. Our team delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing, rehabilitation, hospice and palliative care. Now more than ever, people in your community need in-home healthcare. Our team helps to keep them safely at home, during moments that matter most to them. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
Our Employees Matter.
We believe a world-class patient experience is enabled by an exceptional employee experience. And, committed to fostering an amazing employee experience at Kindred at Home. Our people are our greatest resource and asset, and we are committed to helping our employees thrive and fulfill their personal and professional goals.
- Competitive pay and 401k
- Healthy Steps Wellness
- Healthcare Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Centers of Excellence Program
- Educational Assistance
- Clinical ladder for professional credentialing and advancement
- Leadership development
- Talent focused Framework
- Targeted personal and career development planning
As a Home Health Occupational Therapist Assistant, you will:
- Provide therapy services planned, delegated and supervised by the qualified Occupational Therapist in accordance with the patient’s Plan of Treatment.
- Assist in the implementation of vocational/education programs and activities established by registered Occupational Therapist designed to restore, reinforce, and enhance task performances, diminish or correct pathology, and to promote/maintain health and self-sufficiency.
- Design/adapt equipment and working and/or living environment. Fabricate devices to assist and improve function and independence and participation in the program and/or community where possible.
- Provide therapeutic treatment and instruction to patients as directed by the qualified Occupational Therapist and in accordance with physician orders to improve/restore strength, coordination, range-of-motion and function or teach compensation measures.
- Report information and observations to Occupational Therapist and/or Clinical supervisor, document observed information in patient records and prepares clinical notes. Assist with preparation of progress reports. Maintain and submit documentation as required by the Company and/or facility.
- Instruct patients and family members regarding home programs as well as care and use of adaptive equipment.
- Participate in care coordination and discharge planning activities and act as a resource to other health care personnel in meeting patient's needs.
- Design community reintegration activities, as appropriate, to assist the client in the physical reconditioning effort, and/or the psychological adjustment and coordinate the plan with members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Current and unrestricted OTA licensure
- Minimum of six months occupational therapist assistant experience preferred
- Home Health experience a plus
- Current CPR certification
- Good organizational and communication skills
Join Our Team!
Check out our video to get a glimpse of a day in the life of our Home Health team - Home Health
To learn more, please contact your local recruiter at (toll free) 855-KND-AT-HOME or apply online. Our Recruiters are ready to help you start a new and rewarding career with Kindred at Home.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
This position is located at 210 N. STATE LINE AVE, STE 504, Texarkana, AR. View the Google Map in full screen.