Home Health Certified Nurse Assistant, Per Diem
Certified Nursing Assistant / Home Health Aide --> Home Health Aide
Our Care Matters.
When you join the Kindred at Home team, you become part of something bigger. We are the nation’s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services. Our team delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing, rehabilitation, hospice and palliative care. Now more than ever, people in your community need in-home healthcare. Our team helps to keep them safely at home, during moments that matter most to them. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
Our Employees Matter.
We believe a world-class patient experience is enabled by an exceptional employee experience. And, committed to fostering an amazing employee experience at Kindred at Home. Our people are our greatest resource and asset, and we are committed to helping our employees thrive and fulfill their personal and professional goals.
- Competitive pay and 401k
- Healthy Steps Wellness
- Healthcare Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Centers of Excellence Program
- Educational Assistance
- Clinical ladder for professional credentialing and advancement
- Leadership development
- Talent focused Framework
- Targeted personal and career development planning
A Home Health Aide ( HHA ):
- Provides direct patient care to patient under direction of the RN and according to the Aide Plan of Care (POC).
- Correctly assists the patient with self-administered medications by opening bottle caps for the patient, reading medication labels to the patient, checking the dose being self-administered against the prescribed dose on the container label and observing the patient takes the medication
- Consistently takes accurate temperature, pulse and blood pressure measurements and recognizes and reports abnormal results to supervisor
- Helps patient maintain good personal hygiene by performing or supervising bathing, grooming, skin care, shaving, oral care, nail/foot care and other activities
- Assists in feeding patients. Is able to communicate basic principles of nutrition, observe and record food and fluid intake when necessary. Safely positions patient for meals and feeds or assists in self feeding
- Assists with patient toileting including use of bed pan/urinal, change and position catheter bags and bag change procedures on well-regulated ostomies
- Provides necessary skills to safely assist the patient with patient mobility, exercises, positioning/turning, transfers and ambulation per Plan of Care and Kindred at Home policy
- Provides necessary skills to appropriately report changes and document pertinent information and care rendered to patient to ensure continuity of care. Documents interactions with patients, caregivers, doctors and other staff members appropriately, legibly, thoroughly and in the amount of time allowed
- Practice acceptable infection control principles. Provide a clean, safe and comfortable environment
- Willingly assists with other household duties including light laundry, bed changing and bed making, light meal preparation, light housekeeping and shopping (if no other assistance is available and an MD order is present).
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of Certified Nursing Assistant or Certified Home Health Aide Program within the last 24 months
- Must meet applicable state certification requirements
- Must be in good standing on the HHA Registry (if applicable) and have completed HHA/CNA course to work for a Medicare certified agency.
- At least one year experience in the last 24 months as a Home Health Aide or Certified Nursing Assistant in a hospital, nursing home, home health/hospice agency.
- This role requires full COVID-19 vaccination
Join Our Team!
Check out our video to get a glimpse of a day in the life of our Home Health team - Home Health
To learn more, please apply online. Our Recruiters are ready to help you start a new and rewarding career with Kindred at Home.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
This position is located at 4401 Masthead Street NE, Santa Fe, NM. View the Google Map in full screen.