Occupational Therapist, Home Health Per Diem
Therapy / Rehab --> Occupational Therapist
Our Care Matters.
When you join the Kindred at Home team, you become part of something bigger. We are the nation’s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services. Our team delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing, rehabilitation, hospice and palliative care. Now more than ever, people in your community need in-home healthcare. Our team helps to keep them safely at home, during moments that matter most to them. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
Our Employees Matter.
We believe a world-class patient experience is enabled by an exceptional employee experience. And, committed to fostering an amazing employee experience at Kindred at Home. Our people are our greatest resource and asset, and we are committed to helping our employees thrive and fulfill their personal and professional goals.
- Competitive pay and 401k
- Healthy Steps Wellness
- Healthcare Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Centers of Excellence Program
- Educational Assistance
- Clinical ladder for professional credentialing and advancement
- Leadership development
- Talent focused Framework
- Targeted personal and career development planning
As a Home Health Occupational Therapist, you will:
- Assess/screen patient's daily living/work-related skills and develop therapeutic retraining programs with measurable objectives. Administer and interpret diagnostic and prognostic tests of function to patients in their homes or other settings to assist the physician in evaluating the patient’s level of function.
- Confer with the patient's physician and other health care team members and participate in development/revision of the Plan of Care Treatment.
- Provide therapeutic treatment and instruction to patients in accordance with physician orders to improve/restore strength, coordination, range-of-motion and function or teach compensation measures.
- Review/expand the retraining programs in a manner consistent with the behavioral goals of each patient and within the guidelines of the rehabilitation program as a whole.
- Consult with other vocational team members, as appropriate, to develop and implement vocationally oriented plans consistent with the needs and capabilities of patients.
- Report patient status and progress to the physician, rehabilitation staff, Clinical Manager, patient and family members.
- Participate in care coordination and discharge planning activities and act as a resource to other health care personnel in meeting patient's needs.
- Design community reintegration activities to assist the client in the physical reconditioning effort, and/or the psychological adjustment and coordinate the plan with members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Recommend and/or design special adaptive equipment for clients to improve residence or working environments or improve their participation in the rehabilitation program and/or community.
- Design/train staff and family members to carry out the retraining program including dressing, feeding, grooming and hygiene skills, participate in team and family educational meetings.
- Coordinate/oversee/supervise/instruct and evaluates Occupational Therapy Assistant and Home Health Aide performance in implementing occupational therapy services.
- Accurately and thoroughly document patients' care observations, interventions and evaluation on the day services are rendered. Ensure that interim (verbal) orders received from the physician are accurately documented and implemented. Submit evaluation, treatment plans and discharge summary to the supervisor and care management staff.
- Degree from an accredited Occupational Therapy Program
- A minimum of six months occupational therapy experience preferred
- Home Health experience a plus
- Current and unrestricted OT licensure
- Current CPR certification
- Good organizational and communication skills
Join Our Team!
Check out our video to get a glimpse of a day in the life of our Home Health team - Home Health
To learn more, please contact your local recruiter at (toll free) 855-KND-AT-HOME or apply online. Our Recruiters are ready to help you start a new and rewarding career with Kindred at Home.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
This position is located at 5341 Old Redwood Hwy, Ste 350, Petaluma, CA. View the Google Map in full screen.