Technology and Computer-related
The DoD Enterprise Architecture Program has an opening for an IT Systems Engineer SME to support the DoD CIO’s ongoing Information Technology (IT) enterprise strategic sourcing and IT asset management (ITAM) efforts. This work includes direct assistance with operation of the DoD Enterprise Software Initiative (ESI), which is the focal point for department-wide efforts to optimize acquisition of commercial off the shelf (COTS) IT hardware, software and IT services. The DoD ESI is a joint project that implements advantageous IT purchasing vehicles through embedded experts within DoD Components, and extends training in software license negotiations to DoD and other Federal personnel. General tasking includes, but is not limited to: developing policies, practices, and procedures for COTS IT acquisition, IT strategic sourcing, secure host baseline (SHB), ITAM, and preparation of briefings and position papers for presentation or submittal as directed by DoD ESI leadership, and in coordination with appropriate representatives from external organizations.
A successful candidate will be a proven performer and self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Assist with completion of requirements levied by and develop plans to meet the requirements of the most recent National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) language.
• Formulate potential courses of action to meet pending Federal IT Acquisition Reform Act (FITARA) legislation.
• Develop enterprise software agreements for publishers highest DoD spend.
• Assist with implementation of enterprise license agreements for software products mandated by the DoD/MILDEP CIOs.
• Assist with stand-up of enterprise purchasing vehicles for cloud computing.
• Develop plans to expand Unified Master Gold Disk (UMGD) support for additional products/configurations.
• Coordinate with industry groups to define and/or adopt ITAM standards.
• Assist with coordination among, and communication between, the Joint Information Environment, the DoD ESI Team, the ITAM IPT, and the DoD UMGD Working Group.
• Assist with DoD IT strategic sourcing socialization, and deliver DoD COTS IT acquisition training through training sessions, conferences, executive briefings, and other forums for outreach.
• Prepare for, and record discussions and decisions at DoD ESI Working Group and Team meetings, ITAM IPT meetings, and UMGD meetings.
• Knowledge of and experience with DoD ESI and ITAM efforts
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Exceptional writing and document coordination skills.
• General knowledge of commercial IT market and large enterprise software vendors
• General knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and DoD acquisition policies
• Familiarity with IT asset management and end-point management solutions
• General knowledge of commercial cybersecurity products and services
• General knowledge of cloud computing fundamentals and large cloud service providers
• Ability to prepare perform high-level business case analysis for IT programs and procurements
• Ability to review and write policy & memoranda
• Ability to review and provide recommendations for commercial IT contracts and license agreements
• Ability to perform analysis and prepare reports using desktop tools such as Excel
• Ability to use government and public data sources to research commercial IT products and DoD usage patterns
Education and Years of Experience:
• BS with at least 8 years of prior relevant IT experience or Master’s Degree with at least 6 years of prior relevant IT experience.
• 10 years of experience with DoD/OSD or equivalent organization.
Clearance: Top Secret (TS) clearance
ExecuTech Strategic Consulting, LLC (ExecuTech), headquartered in Woodbridge, VA is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, dedicated to delivering innovative and visionary information technology products and services throughout the United States. Our executive team each has an average of over 25 years of superior information technology leadership and experience at the National Intelligence Agencies, DoD and other Federal government departments. ExecuTech is expertly staffed with fully cleared, certified and devoted professionals who are fulfilled by their work and recognized by our customers and partners as adding extreme value in the design, deployment and support of innovative and cost effective technology solutions.
ExecuTech combines its wealth of information technology leadership and experience together with world-class and emerging technology to operate, manage, and engineer existing and future IT infrastructures. Our main areas of expertise include information assurance and cyber security, enterprise systems and network management, architectures and engineering, systems development and integration, CIO and program/ project management, technology distribution, and cross domain solutions. ExecuTech has established tools, technologies, and techniques that support operational requirements for achieving collaboration while maintaining high assurance in the evaluation, deployment, certification and accreditation, and management of enterprise enabled cross domain solutions. Additionally, ExecuTech is nationally recognized in the areas of cyber security, cryptographic modernization, and engineering.
ExecuTech strives to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction, as well as rewarding careers for our employees, who are hardworking, enthusiastic, and dedicated to superior performance. We encourage you to find out more about the company at www.esc-techsolutions.com.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear, use hands to keyboard and write. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
ExecuTech Strategic Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.