Network Controller/Operator Intermediate
Technology and Computer-related
Would you like to perform rewarding work while contributing to the success of an established, growing company? ExecuTech Strategic Consulting is seeking a Network Controller/Operator Intermediate to support the Global Solutions Management – Operations (GSM-O) I/II contract, which provides support services for the operation, defense, and sustainment of the Department of Defense Information Network/Defense Information System Network.
As a Network Controller/Operator Intermediate, you will be performing the following responsibilities:
List Duties: Serves as technical specialist responsible for the monitoring, operating and managing, troubleshooting and restoring to service any of the components comprising the DISN or DRSN networks. These include data/voice communications equipment, multiplexers (such as modems, circuit switching units, data switching units, secure telephone switches and PBX’s), data terminal equipment, (such as front-end processors, routers, 3270/SNA devices) and transmission media (such as coaxial and twisted pair cables, satellite, microwave, and fiber optics both vendor-provided and government owned).
- Performs pro-active monitoring of network elements alarms and alerts to identify those components/elements that may lead to or already are causing network degradation or failure.
- Accomplishes this through use of network management system(s) and associated assets on a continuous (rotating shifts) basis. Performs fault isolation and diagnostic/assessment functions to include determination and execution of corrective action(s) on real-time basis.
- Interfaces with functional users as well as remote operations centers in both routine and reactive monitoring situations.
- Maintains logs and records associated with reported problems or situations.
- Executes all reporting functions and data input associated with network management.
- Monitors security posture of network(s); reports suspected violations to designated authority.
- Coordinates with configuration management and implementation entities to ensure optimum dissemination of information and network efficiency.
- Performs operator level maintenance on all components/assets associated with network management systems.
- Provides functional guidance, supervision, technical support, training and quality assurance/quality control to Associate personnel.
- Supports other GMS-O priorities and tasks as directed.
- Must have DoD Unified Capability (UC) , Voice Over IP (VOIP), and eVOIP experience in order to provide engineering, planning, testing, and management experience to support DoD Gateways.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory (AD) configuration and setting AD servers and their domain controllers.
- Must have experience with supporting the conduct of Security Test and Evaluations under the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF), understanding of risk management practices and security program development including change management, access control, and physical security.
- Must be knowledgeable with the Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), and network and security engineering experience including a basic understanding of IP routing, quality of service mechanisms, MPLS, and IPsec architectures.
- Ability to assist in the development of network solutions, user requirements and alignment and business case development.
- Provide technical and operational input to develop CONOPS and applicable training material.
- Hands on experience installing, configuring, administering and operating Tenable Security Center and Nessus Scanner, known as Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) in the DoD environment.
- Experience assisting with Vulnerability Management System (VMS), Host Based Security System (HBSS) and eMASS.
Desired Skills: Broad knowledge and expertise with DISN/DRSN networks. Experience troubleshooting data/voice communications equipment, multiplexers (such as modems, circuit switching units, data switching units, secure telephone switches and PBX’s), data terminal equipment, (such as front-end processors, routers, 3270/SNA devices) and transmission media (such as coaxial and twisted pair cables, satellite, microwave, and fiber optics.
Education: Bachelor’s degree desired. DoD 8570 Security+ certification or equivalent required. Relevant certification includes: CCNA or higher desired.
Years of Experience: Minimum of 5 Years practical experience with DoD internet/intranet/enclave architecture in support of DoD/OSD.
Clearance: Top Secret clearance
ExecuTech Strategic Consulting, LLC (ExecuTech), headquartered in Woodbridge, VA is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, dedicated to delivering innovative and visionary information technology products and services throughout the United States. Our executive team each has an average of over 25 years of superior information technology and cybersecurity leadership and experience at the National Intelligence Agencies, DoD and other Federal government departments. ExecuTech is expertly staffed with fully cleared, certified and devoted professionals who are fulfilled by their work and recognized by our customers and partners as adding extreme value in the design, deployment and support of innovative and cost-effective technology solutions.
ExecuTech combines its wealth of information technology leadership and experience together with world-class and emerging technology to operate, manage, and engineer existing and future IT infrastructures. Our main areas of expertise include information assurance and cyber security, enterprise systems and network management, architectures and engineering, systems development and integration, CIO and program/ project management, technology distribution, and cross domain solutions. ExecuTech has established tools, technologies, and techniques that support operational requirements for achieving collaboration while maintaining high assurance in the evaluation, deployment, certification and accreditation, and management of enterprise enabled cross domain solutions. Additionally, ExecuTech is nationally recognized in the areas of cyber security, cryptographic modernization, and engineering.
ExecuTech strives to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction, as well as rewarding careers for our employees, who are hardworking, enthusiastic, and dedicated to superior performance. We encourage you to find out more about the company at www.esc-techsolutions.com.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear, use hands to keyboard and write. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
ExecuTech Strategic Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.